Help: Case and Motherboard advice/recommendations

I need some help in choosing a case and motherboard for a new PC build.

I'm looking to replace my Laptop which hasn't moved from my desk for 3+ years and making a mini-pc is the way I want to go as at least I can upgrade parts in the future (cue laptop regret).

I've specced out some basic parts already for this new system so you can see where I'm going with the build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB Phoenix OC Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
4k Monitor: tbd
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-11 14:28 GMT+0000

PC use:

It'll need to be power efficient and it's not intended for gaming.

Instead, it'll be used for some data crunching / compiling, some VM, video editing, plex media server and as an encoding/streaming PC.

Currently I game and stream from the same PC. My i7-6850 does it, but limited encoding and there a noise cost.

I'd likely keep an underclock profile in the BIOS for 90% of use during daily menial tasks and then an overclock profile for when I'm working on a project and need to unleash the full Ryzen potential.

Kinda similar to the system in the > We built a PC more efficient than a console! < video that LTT recently released.

The space I have is fairly limited which is why I'd love to have a small form factor case like a Parvum Systems case or Ncase M1

But the only problem I have with that (other than the 2x cost of MiniITX) is that I wouldn't have any space to put my Elgato card for game capture :/

The smallest Micro ATX case I could find was the InWin 301, but surely there's smaller options than that?

Can anyone recommend a small case that would fit a MicroATX or is my only option a MiniITX and using OBS NDI for game capture?

----------------------------
        Weem

18 minutes ago, WeeemRCB said:

Can anyone recommend a small case that would fit a MicroATX or is my only option a MiniITX and using OBS NDI for game capture?

Silverstone PS15. At 25 L it's not the smallest case on the market, but it's got exceptional airflow and styling at a good price. There's also versions with RGB fans if you're into that.

You could also look at their GD series of HTPC cases. The GD05 and 06 are specifcally design for mATX boards, (but the GD09 which is for ATX is much cheaper currently) You'd be limited to the height of a CPU Tower cooler, but you could also used a 240mm AIO

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25