1660 Ti Only using 2Gb out of 6 Gb

MidnightFalcon
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
Just now, MidnightFalcon said:

its now says 6gb but whenever i play games like battlefield 1 or 5 the game even on ultra only uses 2gb any ideas

Reinstall the drivers. You can install the Nvidia drivers and tell it to fully reinstall.

Else you can use DDU to fully uninstall.

Just now, MidnightFalcon said:

ill have to boot up a game for accurate numbers give me a sec

Did a clean reinstall make any difference? 

clean install appear to have worked now gettings 3.5 gb of vram in bf5   so thank u for everyone that helped if anything else happens ill create a new one but it does appear as cpu now bottlenecking it :(

Capture 1.PNG

1 minute ago, MidnightFalcon said:

clean install appear to have worked now gettings 3.5 gb of vram in bf5   so thank u for everyone that helped if anything else happens ill create a new one but it does appear as cpu now bottlenecking it :(

Capture 1.PNG

Too bad you can't OC that processor, or you'd be able to expand that bottleneck a bit.
It might be worth looking for a used K variant or i7 on LGA 1151.

id love to but it's a kaby one so only slected but for now it'll do just replace it when i have the money but once again thank u for everyone's help

5 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

im going to go out on a limb and say the limitation is due to you being CPU bottlenecked. an i5 7400 likely is the cause. I bet if you check usage, its always pegged at 100% so the GPU isnt being used/stressed properly to leverage the VRAM.

Not trying to thread hijack, but had a quick question on bottlenecking. I'm using R5 2600 with a GTZ 1060 3GB. I was using NZXT CAM and it says my CPU load is like 12-17%(55c temp) while playing Apex Legends on medium settings my GPU load is showing at 99% with temps at 77c. Does this mean God and the tech forum is telling me to upgrade my GPU?

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

im not 100% sure but the fact that your gpu if at 100% constantly have u tried updating the drivers for it?

2 hours ago, MidnightFalcon said:

im not 100% sure but the fact that your gpu if at 100% constantly have u tried updating the drivers for it?

I always update the drivers using the Nvidia Geforce. On PC I've only tried compared the load with SFV and Apex. Apex has the load at capacity while isn't nowhere near as bad. Should I do a fully reinstall you think? I usually do the express install.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)