Best 280x's for mining?

Ok so I want to get a new graphics card(s) to upgrade from my current single 770 and I was thinking about getting 2 280x's, I will be using them to mine whilst I'm not at my pc but also do some gaming. I would like to be able to run most games at max settings @ 1080p at high framerates. Would 280x's be the best cards for me to get and if so which ones do you recommend, please bear in mind that I plan to watercool theses cards in a few months but I do need something with a cooler that will be okay to mine with for these next few months. I am in the UK and I have a budget of about £600 however I can go higher if necessary. Didn't know whether to post this in the GPU section so sorry if it's in the wrong one.

Cheers :)

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

Ok so I want to get a new graphics card(s) to upgrade from my current single 770 and I was thinking about getting 2 280x's, I will be using them to mine whilst I'm not at my pc but also do some gaming. I would like to be able to run most games at max settings @ 1080p at high framerates. Would 280x's be the best cards for me to get and if so which ones do you recommend, please bear in mind that I plan to watercool theses cards in a few months but I do need something with a cooler that will be okay to mine with for these next few months. I am in the UK and I have a budget of about £600 however I can go higher if necessary. Didn't know whether to post this in the GPU section so sorry if it's in the wrong one.

Take the asus matrix patinum r9 280x it can get 820Khs get 2 of them and you will get around 500 $ per month ( i think). I am also looking to buy the standar matrix and oc it to 1100Mhz.

Take the asus matrix patinum r9 280x it can get 820Khs get 2 of them and you will get around 500 $ per month ( i think). I am also looking to buy the standar matrix and oc it to 1100Mhz.

Would an 850w power supply be able to support 2 of those cards and a 4770k?

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

Any more suggestions?

Would an 850w power supply be able to support 2 of those cards and a 4770k?

i think yes is solid enough if you dont oc corsair are the best

You will be using them only for mining?

I'll be running them overnight and during the day while I'm at school to mine but after school I do a bit of gaming and browse the web. I'd say they'll be mining for 16-18 hours a day.

I'll be running them overnight and during the day while I'm at school to mine but after school I do a bit of gaming and browse the web. I'd say they'll be mining for 16-18 hours a day.

Ok them if you want to have the most performance out of 2 matrix your psu is fine!

Also i was in the same position as you which to buy and you can look about my post

It was toxic vs matrix but the standard one!

The toxic doesnt has as many features as the matrix thats why i chose the matrix and i will be doing some oc so if things go wrong just press the safe mode and restore everything!

Ok them if you want to have the most performance out of 2 matrix your psu is fine!

Also i was in the same position as you which to buy and you can look about my post

It was toxic vs matrix but the standard one!

The toxic doesnt has as many features as the matrix thats why i chose the matrix and i will be doing some oc so if things go wrong just press the safe mode and restore everything!

What's the warranty like on the Matrix card?

i dont know but it should be 2 years. I will lost my warranty :(

I was also looking for a 280x, smaller budget though (£250 tops). I was looking at the sapphire dual-x and gigabyte windforce ones... Anyone know if they're ok?

Pilates

Please stop spreading misinformation if you have no idea what you're talking about yourself.

First of all, how long are you going to be using your PC/gaming? How long idle? And where is it located?

Error: 410

Cheapest with best warranty.

They are all generally the same. Some cards such as XFX are harder to achieve a high hashrate and require a complete bios flash.

Best advice I could give searching for a GPU, look up the cheapest one you can find "locally" and then go through a check list to make sure it meets your needs.

check it's warranty length and quality

check if it's voltage or any other locked setting are locked

check if it has two bios slots. If you need to flash the GPU, having two bios settings makes it a lot "safer"

And finally, take a quick look on google or other search engine for "<GPU model number> hashrate". You should be able to find some info.

You can also take a look at https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison for how various GPU's stack up against each other if you can't find any 280X's

Since you're planning on watercooling, you might be able to get a cheap reference card/cooler.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Please stop spreading misinformation if you have no idea what you're talking about yourself.

First of all, how long are you going to be using your PC/gaming? How long idle? And where is it located?

Why did i told him anything wrong? Everything i told are true. He will also be using it for gaming as well so the matrix is a good answer!!!!!.

Cheapest with best warranty.

They are all generally the same. Some cards such as XFX are harder to achieve a high hashrate and require a complete bios flash.

Best advice I could give searching for a GPU, look up the cheapest one you can find "locally" and then go through a check list to make sure it meets your needs.

check it's warranty length and quality

check if it's voltage or any other locked setting are locked

check if it has two bios slots. If you need to flash the GPU, having two bios settings makes it a lot "safer"

And finally, take a quick look on google or other search engine for "<GPU model number> hashrate". You should be able to find some info.

You can also take a look at https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison for how various GPU's stack up against each other if you can't find any 280X's

Since you're planning on watercooling, you might be able to get a cheap reference card/cooler.

Check out what he said above. He is the best about mining ;)

I honestly suggest the Sapphire toxic. It has sufficient cooling (I run fan speed at 55% and get 90C) and for the price it mines really well. I get about 720kh/s and make about 0.3LTC a day using one card. Its actually pretty good! Check the link for a screenshot of the settings etc.

Hope you go for this one!

Probbably the best bang for the buck!

Screenshot Link: http://snag.gy/5XVXX.jpg

Why did i told him anything wrong? Everything i told are true. He will also be using it for gaming as well so the matrix is a good answer!!!!!.

Check out what he said above. He is the best about mining ;)

Ended up going for MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming Edition OC