First Dream PC coming soon! (Open opinions and suggestions)

Dipypang
Go to solution Solved by Dipypang,

*FINAL RESULT*

thanks for input from you all, I downgrade the RAM and get a bigger NVMe. My supplier suggest go for i9 9900kf since I already have a gpu. (To save some cost with the same performance)

CPU: Core i9 9900kf

Mobo: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra

NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 512GB

NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz 32GB (2x16GB)

GPU: EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 2070 Super
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax

Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM Chromax

Case: Fractal Meshify C TG Black

PSU: Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750w

CPU: Core i9 9900k

Mobo: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra

NVMe M.2: 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 512GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz 64GB (4x16GB)

GPU: EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 2070 Super
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax

Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM Chromax

Case: Fractal Meshify C TG Black

PSU: Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750w

Edited by Dipypang

2 minutes ago, St. Nick said:

Just for aesthetics may I recommend the NH-D15 chromax black and switching to the NF-A15 HS PWM fans, just so you get the same fans and they be all black XD?

That's a nice idea.

Also I would recommend getting a 1tb NVME SSD instead of running raid 0. Then you also have space for more storage down the road.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

13 minutes ago, St. Nick said:

Just for aesthetics may I recommend the NH-D15 chromax black and switching to the NF-A15 HS PWM fans, just so you get the same fans and they be all black XD?

Yes I want a NH-D15 chromax but not yet available here in SEA :(

Edit: I just checked and it has arrived in SEA! :D

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

That's a nice idea.

Also I would recommend getting a 1tb NVME SSD instead of running raid 0. Then you also have space for more storage down the road.

I don’t raid. I just get 2, one for OS and other programs while another one is for Adobe PS, PP, AE, etc and Steam games.

2 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

I don’t raid. I just get 2, one for OS and other programs while another one is for Adobe PS, PP, AE, etc and Steam games.

Alright. But what's the point in that? This isn't 1995. You can just make another partition.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright. But what's the point in that? This isn't 1995. You can just make another partition.

Actually it’s because the mobo have more than 1 slot for NVMe so I want to use 2 of them LOL?

1 minute ago, Dipypang said:

Actually it’s because the mobo have more than 1 slot for NVMe so I want to use 2 of them LOL?

Why not 1, 1TB not samsung NVMe though ? It will probably be half the price for the same storage capacity. Like the HP 920EX, Corsair MP510 etc

Also is 64Gb really necessary ?

You could use that money for a better GPU.

7 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

You will get better performance if you use the bottom slot (less heat from graphics card) :D You won't be able to actually see if theres two SSD's mounted in the system beacuse of the NVME coolers

FS in Denmark/EU:

2 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Why not 1, 1TB not samsung NVMe though ? It will probably be half the price for the same storage capacity. Like the HP 920EX, Corsair MP510 etc

+1

FS in Denmark/EU:

wait you will be using one 500gb m.2 for the os only?

or will you just be partitioning a part of it.

your answer may affect my mental stability.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

1TB or 2x512GB have the same performance right?

RTX 2070 super to RTX 2080 no serious improvement tho. I have ever considered that and ended up with 64GB than RTX 2080.

14 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

You won't be able to actually see if theres two SSD's mounted in the system beacuse of the NVME coolers

As I said it’s not for looks but just want to use as much as the mobo offers ? sounds stupid but yeah not really difference tho haha

5 minutes ago, flashiling said:

wait you will be using one 500gb m.2 for the os only?

or will you just be partitioning a part of it.

your answer may affect my mental stability.

OS and all other Program files except Adobe and Steam games.

how much do you suggest if for OS only? :)

1TB or 2x512GB have the same performance right?

1TB have usually better endurance and performance.

RTX 2070 super to RTX 2080 no serious improvement tho. I have ever considered that and ended up with 64GB than RTX 2080.

2080S ?

Just now, Dipypang said:

OS and Scratch files.

how much do you suggest if for OS only?

a lot less.

depending on the size of the Scratch files you would have a lot of free space.

people usually don't buy much more than 64gb (maybe 128 since i don't know if an m.2 is available at 64GB) 

so you would be wasting 400Gb

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

I use a 500Gb SSD for my OS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*angrily shivering in my office chair*

8 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

1TB have usually better endurance and performance.

Yes correct. Above is still a plan and all opinions and suggestions will be considered! :)

9 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

2080S

I can’t find it here for EVGA FTW3 model 

12 minutes ago, flashiling said:

a lot less.

depending on the size of the Scratch files you would have a lot of free space.

people usually don't buy much more than 64gb (maybe 128 since i don't know if an m.2 is available at 64GB) 

so you would be wasting 400Gb

i should consider this one! Consider you guys’ opinions and suggestion I maybe just go for the 1TB :)

10 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

I use a 500Gb SSD for my OS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

❤️ ?

4 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

I can’t find it here for EVGA FTW3 model 

Where are you from ?

And guys,

I’m building this PC for a minimal 10years usage without any upgrades (if possible).

That’s why some of the components may be overkill but it’s for future anticipation :D

8 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

Indonesia

I can't find one either but the Aorus, Strix and AMP! are of similar quality.

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

I can't find one either but the Aorus, Strix and AMP! are of similar quality.

Aorus and strix a bit pricey for me :(

Some Zotac models don’t have usb-c ports which will be used a lot in the coming future.

2 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

Aorus and strix a bit pricey for me :(

Some Zotac models don’t have usb-c ports which will be used a lot in the coming future.

On EVGA website it's out of stock :( 

2 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

On EVGA website it's out of stock :( 

Hope my supplier got some stocks left or I really need to reconsider again...

If I may make a few more suggestions. Downgrade your Os drive to 250 gb, upgrade the second NVME to 1 TB and get a 2 TB sata SSD. Drop the HDD and downgrade your ram to 4x8 gb. This will STILL make your system feel more responsive then having 64 gigs of ram and populate all 4 dimm slots which considering your not using rgb ram still seems like overkill and honestly is only a recommendation since you seem to prefer a fully loaded system as a looks thing. 16 gb 2x8 is usually more then enough unless your doing professional things (In which case I would tell you to drop the 9900ks for Ryzen anyway) or you are a total chrome tab fiend. I have also never heard of your psu choice, a quick google source seems to suggest its pretty good but I would recommend spending some budget from your ram on getting a nice platinum unit instead since your obviously not lacking for cash and a nice modular efficient powersupply is a great comfort to have.