LGA1155 gaming cpu help

Currently have an LGA1155 i5 3570k. Would it be worth actually upgrading the cpu (going to be used for gaming) or just switch MB and CPU to AM4. Only issue i have with switching is I then need to update my ram as well. Doing this on a budget lol

13 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

what's your budget? the highest you can really go is the i7 3770k or the xeon equivalent. Also, what's your current specs? 

The 3770K might overheat out of the box because the CPU is not soldered,

But the 2600K is soldered and doesn't have that problem.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

18 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

what's your budget? the highest you can really go is the i7 3770k or the xeon equivalent. Also, what's your current specs? 

I5 3570k

R9 270x

8gb ddr3 ram

Invest into new.

The cheaper offerings of Newness beat your upgraded older parts.

Go 8 threads (4c8t) or higher on Ryzen.

Has an upgrade path unlike a 3770k, to which you need a Better cooler for an OC to even match the Ryzen parts, and less cores or upgradability later on..

Save money now, not twice in a row,.... being the 3770K can be near fully tapped with a better GPU and has no upgrade path after a GPU upgrade...

Buy a Ryzen 1600/X off Aliexpress for Peanuts to start with if budgeting, search up a good b450 board that'll handle Ryzen3000, you can upgrade to 12-15 different generation Ryzen CPUs when you need to.. and the Ryzen 1600 will perform similar to a 3770 without an OC, and has more cores than the 3770 for heavier workloads.

The 1600 is cheap, an upgrade, and has a future path for more powerful parts.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

5 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Invest into new.

The cheaper offerings of Newness beat your upgraded older parts.

Go 8 threads (4c8t) or higher on Ryzen.

Has an upgrade path unlike a 3770k, to which you need a Better cooler for an OC to even match the Ryzen parts, and less cores or upgradability later on..

Save money now, not twice in a row,.... being the 3770K can be near fully tapped with a better GPU and has no upgrade path after a GPU upgrade...

Yeah thats what i was figuring. I do need a GPU upgrade as well but really doing this with a low budget in mind so one thing at a time.

If you on tight budget get Hyper 212 and oc your 3570k as far as possible, it’s still decent processor and this way you have more time to save money for new system (ryzen based) 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

22 hours ago, Whiro said:

If you on tight budget get Hyper 212 and oc your 3570k as far as possible, it’s still decent processor and this way you have more time to save money for new system (ryzen based) 

Actually have a Hyper 212 already on it but havent OCed the processor at all

What mobo you have?? Definitely try to oc, I’ve pushed my 3570k to 4.5ghz barely touching voltage, 1.24v atm. And with 212 temps are really nice

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

I'm running a 3570k and can play almost everything with a Titan X Maxwell gpu. I am about to upgrade to a 3700x, but maybe I can assist you in getting the most out of your 3570k.

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6