Hi i need some help getting my first mechanical keyboard :D

xllo5

So hi my name is xllo5  i live in romania and i have a budget of 167 euros and i want to get my first mechanical keyboard and can someone help me find a good mechanical keyboard in this range from this site? emag.ro  coz in romania there arent that many good tech sites :D  and i cant get a keyboard from amazon coz the romanian postal service sucks . Thanks 

3 minutes ago, xllo5 said:

emag.com

Maybe you wrote it wrong? It's clearly the wrong link,because it leads to this website :

Captgkgkure.JPG

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

Maybe you wrote it wrong? It's clearly the wrong link,because it leads to this website :

Captgkgkure.JPG

oh dang sorry i meant  emag.ro sorry :(

Go to a store and try some out. You don't want to buy a keyboard only to find that you hate the switches.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Go to a store and try some out. You don't want to buy a keyboard only to find that you hate the switches.

I already tested some switches and i like the mx reds or the blues  or even the browns all three are good and i love them 

2 minutes ago, xllo5 said:

I already tested some switches and i like the mx reds or the blues  or even the browns all three are good and i love them 

Do you have layout preferences? Do you have any specific features in mind?

Maybe I'm biased (not maybe, I *am* biased) but most modern pre-built boards are shit in one of a few areas:

1. Keycaps

2. Build quality

3. Duability/longevity

With almost $250 (Canadian) to play with, I would seriously consider building a keyboard.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Do you have layout preferences? Do you have any specific features in mind?

Maybe I'm biased (not maybe, I *am* biased) but most modern pre-built boards are shit in one of a few areas:

1. Keycaps

2. Build quality

3. Duability/longevity

With almost $250 (Canadian) to play with, I would seriously consider building a keyboard.

well i got a k70 mk2          and it freaking sucked it pinged it was shit quality and  the keycaps are shitty so yeah i rlly dont know what to get (i refunded the k70 mk2) and ye i really dont know what to get at this point  

well i got a k70 mk2          and it freaking sucked it pinged it was shit quality and  the keycaps are shitty so yeah i rlly dont know what to get (i refunded the k70 mk2) and ye i really dont know what to get at this point  

I don't really know what to suggest as I don't know what the market is like where you live. Maybe do some research on custom keyboards and where to buy them where you live.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

I don't really know what to suggest as I don't know what the market is like where you live. Maybe do some research on custom keyboards and where to buy them where you live.

i dont really know but i could get some things from amazon  but it would take a long time to arrive so ye and romanians  dont really sell custom keyboards or switches or anything like that i told you i can get things from amazon with ups but it would take a long time but if it is worth it ill do it but do u have a recomandation for a keyboard? on r/mk i saw in the recomended keyboards thingy the ducky one 2             ,   Cooler Master MK730 / Cooler Master MK750 , iKBC F87 / F108 ,  Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard , KB Paradise V60 ,KB Paradise V80 , WASD V3 Keyboard (TKL and Full Size) ,  Varmilo VA87M / VA108M , Leopold FC660/FC750/FC980/FC900

i dont really know but i could get some things from amazon  but it would take a long time to arrive so ye and romanians  dont really sell custom keyboards or switches or anything like that i told you i can get things from amazon with ups but it would take a long time but if it is worth it ill do it but do u have a recomandation for a keyboard? on r/mk i saw in the recomended keyboards thingy the ducky one 2             ,   Cooler Master MK730 / Cooler Master MK750 , iKBC F87 / F108 ,  Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard , KB Paradise V60 ,KB Paradise V80 , WASD V3 Keyboard (TKL and Full Size) ,  Varmilo VA87M / VA108M , Leopold FC660/FC750/FC980/FC900

Varmilo and Leopold make good keyboards. I'd pick one of those depending on what layout you want.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Varmilo and Leopold make good keyboards. I'd pick one of those depending on what layout you want.

hm ok

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

do they have any ping issues or any issues at all?

hm ok

Another option is the GMMK but only because you can hotswap switches which you might want to take advantage of in the future.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

do they have any ping issues or any issues at all?

Not sure what you mean by ping issues.

I'll put it this way; they don't have any noises that they aren't supposed to.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Another option is the GMMK but only because you can hotswap switches which you might want to take advantage of in the future.

it would be nice but idk 

Must you buy only from that website?

Nowhere else is possible? Leopold would be a great option, or GMMK as  @kelvinhall05 said, but you can't buy these of that website of yours.

Not sure what you mean by ping issues.

I'll put it this way; they don't have any noises that they aren't supposed to.

i mean like the spring sound wait lemme  this kind of 

they are very annoying 

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Nowhere else is possible?

i could buy from amazon 

it would be nice but idk 

Not sure about you but if I were you I'd consider that since in the future you can probably only drop $30-40 on switches instead of god knows how much on a whole new board.

But I would really get one of the Leopolds or Varmilos. Are Filcos available in your area?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

i mean like the spring sound wait lemme  this kind of 

they are very annoying 

I see. Yeah, a well-built keyboard won't have that problem lol. It shouldn't be a problem on either the Leopold or the Varmilo, whichever you decide to go with.

Though it also looks like he is fucking hammering on that poor keyboard.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

But I would really get one of the Leopolds or Varmilos. Are Filcos available in your area?

None of these are available in Romania sadly.

4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Nowhere else is possible? Leopold would be a great option, or GMMK as  @kelvinhall05 said, but you can't buy these of that website of yours.

Well he listed them so I would assume he has a way to get them.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

None of these are available in Romania sadly.

Are they available in germany? 

is the leopold good for playing games or writing ? 

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

ill get the leopold if they are good for playing games or writing