New mobo trouble shooting

Hey friends. 

My new motherboard arrived last night, and quickly went to work on the swap. When I went to fire up the machine...nothing happens.  I'm hoping my brand new mobo isnt DOA. 

I've done 4 builds now, never had any issues, so trouble shooting isnt a strength of mine. 

So far, I've double checked the connections between the PSU and the mobo. This mobo has two 8 pins, and the 24 pin connecting to the PSU.  I had to add the second 8 pin with the new mobo.  That's the only change in connections from the old one to the new one.  

One thing I did find odd is that most cases have the front panel connections as individual plugs that you need to connect. The NZXT H500i that I have uses a harness. On my previous mobo it just connected easily, only had one spot and one way it could connect.  This new one mobo, the front panel connection portion is twice the size of anyone I've seen.  I cant imagine this is the problem because I should still see some sort of power indication on the mobo if the PSU is powering it right? 

Tonight I'm going to do a full tear down and start from scratch just to make sure I haven't missed anything.   But, is there anything you smart folks can think of that I may have missed or a common oversight in these situations that I'm just not seeing.  

(Yes, the PSU is turned on and plugged in. Haha.)

Other possibly helpful info. 

New mobo- Gigabyte x570 master

Old mobo- MSI x370 gaming pro carbon 

New CPU- 3700x

Old CPU- 1700x

PSU- EVGA G3 750 watt Gold Rated 

GPU- Nitro 5700xt

New mobo trouble shooting

Motherboards aren't designed to shoot, you need a gun for that. /s

Does it make any signs of life at all ? Like LEDs and fans ? USB drives powering while plugged in ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

6 hours ago, Juular said:

Motherboards aren't designed to shoot, you need a gun for that. /s

Does it make any signs of life at all ? Like LEDs and fans ? USB drives powering while plugged in ?

not so far.  I just got home, I'm going to pull the whole thing apart and try again, just to be certain. 

Found the problem!  The smaller portion of the 24 pin connected to the PSU had come out.  It was tucked away in the back and must have gotten tugged on somehow.  Anyway, pulled everything out, set it up outside the case and the mobo powered up.  

Now to put it all back together again.  :)