Everything downloads to wrong SSD

Reteeks

Built a new computer got a small SSD for boot up (C drive) (feels like a waste now) and a larger SSD (Y drive) for storing everything else. Issue is I have windows 10 set up to save everything to the Y drive and most everything goes to the right areas but a few things go to my C drive still so I have to move them and I am not the best with computers so this is a a bit of a process. So far the once that I have had to move not them only ones are everything Twitch the launcher saves itself into the C drive and when I want to install a minecraft mod is all goes onto the tiny C drive. Steam did it once also with Project Zomboid. Any ideas why there programs wanna be stubborn? 

Seems the PZ is only storing my saved data in the C drive. Unsure if it saves Save worlds as I really only play on severs.

The C drive is normally default for download locations. The key is to pay careful attention with software installers for the "save location", which normally you'll have to manually select or go to some sort of "advanced options" to change yourself. Some other things you will come across are:

Each web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, etc...) will have their own setting within their software to change default downloads. For Firefox you go to options, (about:preferences) then to the Files and Applications section and Browse to your other drive for mass storage.

Spoiler

image.png.3fb7925dacec754edfc8c52274a4efe4.png

For things like Steam games and other game browsers such as Epic Games, you'll have to go to each of their preferences/settings and change your default save locations as well.

Yea I always make sure to move the save location to the drive I want it. But somethings just don't give me the chance to pick and put it where ever it wants at that rate its a 50/50 if it goes to the right drive

There is no 50/50, somewhere there is a configuration telling that software to save where it's saving. You just need to find that and change it. If you are telling me you uninstall Project Zomboid once and it saves to your C drive but uninstall / reinstall and it saves to a Z drive without changing anything I'd have a hard time believing you without some sort of proof lol.

So I uninstalled PZ to see if I could tell it to go to the Y. It went there as all the steam games should. But upon launching the game it crated a 2nd folder with a very small folder size I assume its just the avatars that are crated and such I find it odd that that folder does not create its self in the already existing PZ folders.

For Twitch I'm currently uninstalling and reinstalling. As since I have built this computer I've learned a lot about how things work and may have not told it to go to the drive i wanted it in.

Edit:

I moved the PZ folder that is created when launching the game in the C drive to the Y drive, then relaunch the game and the game just makes the same folder and files in the C drive again.

I'm not even gonna worry about Twitch client as I don't ever watch streams since I work and am at school so much. And if I do use it I can just use their website I'll just the the FTB launcher for the Minecraft mods.