boot loops, iaStorA.sys error, memory management error

lynxjinx

OK here's my adventure

day 1: PC starts to blue screen with error code including iaStorA.sys so i reset a couple of times until i get into windows and i uninstall Intel rapid storage technology computer starts working fine again.

day 3: BSOD with no error codes then computer goes in a boot loop, only way to run off was from the PSU switch

day 4: i decide to do some maintenance on the computer and remember i need a new coat of thermal paste, i somehow in this process manage the break the pins on the stock CPU cooler so i go out and buy a new arctic freezer 11 lp cooler. after this is PC is still in a boot loop but i manage to get into windows after a couple of resets works fine for the rest of the day, i do notice that i start getting some lag while switching chrome tabs while only having 4-6 tabs open.

day 6: while in a game of LOL i blue screen with a memory management stop code it resets and gets into windows for about 10 seconds then BSOD with no error codes and goes back into a boot loop again. after resetting from the PSU a couple of times the boot loop stops. now it turns on but does not post and i get a no signal readout from my monitor. i decide to follow up on the memory management error so i unplug my storage and reseat my RAM hoping to at least get into bios but i get nothing even the RGB on my peripherals don't come on.

im thinking my PSU is faulty now, what other troubleshooting steps should i take did i overlook anything big?

specs

Intel i5 3570

Gigabyte R9 270X

Corsair Vengeance Blue 2X4GB DDR3-1600

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

ADATA Premier SP550 240GB

EVGA Supernova NEX650G 650W

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

11 minutes ago, lynxjinx said:

blue screen with a memory management

bad RAM

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 12/4/2019 at 4:45 PM, Radium_Angel said:

bad RAM

Could it be that the slots on the motherboard I have gone bad or it's 100% just the RAM has died

1 hour ago, lynxjinx said:

Could it be that the slots on the motherboard I have gone bad or it's 100% just the RAM has died

Could be both. Use MemTest86+ (or Memtestx86) to test the RAM.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Try using only 1 RAM stick, and if necessary on all slots separately to find out which stick is faulty. Kinda unlikely both sticks are faulty. 

Otherwise memtest is a good idea too,  but I would try that first. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Could be both. Use MemTest86+ (or Memtestx86) to test the RAM.

Would i be able to use memtest without my comp even being able to post

22 minutes ago, lynxjinx said:

Would i be able to use memtest without my comp even being able to post

Crap, I missed that.

No, that won't work.

Do you have a speaker on the motherboard?

On 12/7/2019 at 4:22 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Crap, I missed that.

No, that won't work.

Do you have a speaker on the motherboard?

I went to two different computer stores looking for mobo speakers but nobody sells them. I did manage to borrow ram from a friend but still no post, i added a picture of them because i wasn't 100% sure they were compatible. I also forgot to mention on day 4 i had a power outage at the house, what are the chances the ram slots on the mobo would fail 

IMG_20191207_205410.jpg

32 minutes ago, lynxjinx said:

mobo speakers but nobody sells them

That would be a part you find at a goodwill or something from an old computer case.

33 minutes ago, lynxjinx said:

I also forgot to mention on day 4 i had a power outage at the house, what are the chances the ram slots on the mobo would fail 

Power failures can be an issue, if there is a slight spike before the failure (dunno how old the wiring in your house is) but that might kill it. The RAM you borrowed would be fine. 

On 12/7/2019 at 7:16 AM, Mark Kaine said:

Try using only 1 RAM stick, and if necessary on all slots separately to find out which stick is faulty. Kinda unlikely both sticks are faulty. 

Otherwise memtest is a good idea too,  but I would try that first. 

i used another PC's RAM and still no post. since all fans run only thing i can think that failed is my cpu or mobo. wont be sure until i can acquire a mobo speaker. do you concur?

On 12/9/2019 at 6:52 AM, Radium_Angel said:

That would be a part you find at a goodwill or something from an old computer case.

Power failures can be an issue, if there is a slight spike before the failure (dunno how old the wiring in your house is) but that might kill it. The RAM you borrowed would be fine. 

I found a mobo speaker but i don't get any beeps when i startup the computer. I even  remove the RAM thinking that would make it beep but nothing.

My house is only 10 years old

12 hours ago, lynxjinx said:

I even  remove the RAM thinking that would make it beep but nothing.

Normally, it would. The board would detect no RAM and beep at you.

So the issue is then either bad CPU, or bad board.