NEED HELP WITH BOTTLENECK

So right now I have a shitty computer which i use for gaming specs: 

CPU: i3-2100

GPU: GTX 1050 2GB

MOBO: ECS H61H2-M2

I was planning on upgrading my CPU to an i7-6700K. But I found this website where you can calculate the bottleneck and FPS in some modern games of certain hardwares( https://pc-builds.com ) ; so I decided to calculate the bottleneck of my current PC (i3-2100) and it gets around 33% I was actually surprised that I was getting around 70-150 fps on low settings. But when i calculated the bottleneck of the CPU i was planning to upgrade on (i7-6700k) paired with my GTX 1050 it showed a bottleneck percentage of a 100% But I quickly checked how many FPS would I get if I would have this CPU and it showed that i would get around 180+ fps on low setting on Rainbow Six: Siege. So my question is does bottleneck really have an impact on the FPS; or should I just buy a CPU which has lower bottleneck?

Thanks for your time! would love to get some help! :)

1 minute ago, RafaelJ said:

Unfortunately this website is rather useless, the calculation it does has little bearing on what your experience will be.

2 minutes ago, RafaelJ said:

I was planning on upgrading my CPU to an i7-6700K

Were you going to get one for a good price, or is it just a CPU you thought would be a good idea to buy?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Dont forget you have to change the board and rams.

I dont know for how much but.

Ryzens 1600 and a b350 +16g 3000mhz ram I bet it will be cheaper. 

Have a look , oh and it will use less power and less heat. 

That GPU is a bit slow +- same performance as a HD7870 , have a look for cheap rx570s

34 minutes ago, RafaelJ said:

bottleneck

bottleneck

bottleneck

bottleneck

35 minutes ago, RafaelJ said:

bottleneck

35 minutes ago, RafaelJ said:

bottleneck

This term is way overused and kind of pointless.  You will always have a bottleneck in your system.  Generally you want your cpu to be stronger than your gpu, IE:  when gaming your gpu should be close to 100% and your cpu should be under 90% the lower the better.  

The key to a good system build is have comparable pairings.  You wouldn't want to spend a ton of money for the top of the line motherboard, cpu, ram and plug in your 1050.  Neither would you use your current system and plug in a rtx 2080TI.  

The first thing to do is start with an upgrade budget then ask yourself what your expectations are.  Then you can ask here if your budget will meet your expectations or if your better off saving up some more for a new build.

7 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Unfortunately this website is rather useless, the calculation it does has little bearing on what your experience will be.

Were you going to get one for a good price, or is it just a CPU you thought would be a good idea to buy?

Actually I was just planning on buying the i7-6700k and the motherboard for it because I’ve watched countless videos on how it does good in games and how much fps it gets even with a bottleneck

3 minutes ago, RafaelJ said:

Actually I was just planning on buying the i7-6700k and the motherboard for it because I’ve watched countless videos on how it does good in games and how much fps it gets even with a bottleneck

If you get it for a good price then go ahead. But you should take a look at ryzen. R5 1600 or 2600 are both solid choices.

16 minutes ago, RafaelJ said:

it's a good processor on its own, but because it's last gen with no proper retail stock, the prices are absurdly high, and the used prices suck too. What did you expect to pay for this upgrade?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

55 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it's a good processor on its own, but because it's last gen with no proper retail stock, the prices are absurdly high, and the used prices suck too. What did you expect to pay for this upgrade?

Actually I was gonna get a bundle. The 
I7 6700k msi z170 m5 bundle. worth 220$. You tell me good deal or no?

8 hours ago, Beowulff83 said:

This term is way overused and kind of pointless.  You will always have a bottleneck in your system.  Generally you want your cpu to be stronger than your gpu, IE:  when gaming your gpu should be close to 100% and your cpu should be under 90% the lower the better.  

The key to a good system build is have comparable pairings.  You wouldn't want to spend a ton of money for the top of the line motherboard, cpu, ram and plug in your 1050.  Neither would you use your current system and plug in a rtx 2080TI.  

The first thing to do is start with an upgrade budget then ask yourself what your expectations are.  Then you can ask here if your budget will meet your expectations or if your better off saving up some more for a new build.

But I can get away with just the i7-6700k and my GTX 1050? With 180-200 fps?

17 minutes ago, RafaelJ said:

For parts that are new and covered by warranty, I'd say worth it

Primary PC:

3 hours ago, RafaelJ said:

But I can get away with just the i7-6700k and my GTX 1050? With 180-200 fps?

CPU yes for seige, not sure about GPU.  I had 1050ti 4gb rather then 1050 awhile back but had fairly weak i5-3570, with that pairing i could hit over 144hz, but it would dip to 80fps often, average basically around about 100fps. 

Your current GPU with a 6700k should run a bit better then above, but notice in these tests GPU is already at 99% utilization so dont expect much better, likely less stutter, better 1 and .1% lows but about same average FPS with 1050

For budget GPU eventually upgrade to used 1060,1070, or notably RX580 depending on prices.  Rx580s are selling very cheap right now, both new and on used market, but if looking at used cards 1070 is often a steal too.  All are enough to get high frames in siege with low settings (about 100+ for 1060, 120+ rx580, 130+ 1070) 

4 hours ago, RafaelJ said:

i think a ryzen 5 2600 and a b450 with a 2x8gb ram is also in that price range.....

55 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

CPU yes for seige, not sure about GPU.  I had 1050ti 4gb rather then 1050 awhile back but had fairly weak i5-3570, with that pairing i could hit over 144hz, but it would dip to 80fps often, average basically around about 100fps. 

Your current GPU with a 6700k should run a bit better then above, but notice in these tests GPU is already at 99% utilization so dont expect much better, likely less stutter, better 1 and .1% lows but about same average FPS with 1050

For budget GPU eventually upgrade to used 1060,1070, or notably RX580 depending on prices.  Rx580s are selling very cheap right now, both new and on used market, but if looking at used cards 1070 is often a steal too.  All are enough to get high frames in siege with low settings (about 100+ for 1060, 120+ rx580, 130+ 1070) 

Actually my current setup uses like 70-90% CPU and GPU usage is only around 30-40% and on CS:GO I am hitting around 80-100 frames. 

i'd imagine clock speed as well as usage (anything higher then 70% can become a CPU bottleneck for GPU) is keeping GPU from getting to 100% usage

I also consider in getting the Ryzen 5 2600, I heard that it would generally be a huge bottleneck in the system but I am after the FPS. Considering the bottleneck I would be GPU bottlenecked and CPU intensive. I dont really wanna buy a nee GPU but I am concerned, will it damage the R5 2600’s lifespan??