Info required regarding Aorus AP850GM PSU

Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
49 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

tier A on our tier list, @LukeSavenije might be able to share more insight based on that review

it's a rather minor issue, honestly

nothing to worry about from what i can see, even if not ideal

Hi folks,

I was initially planning to get a Gigabyte Aorus AP850GM PSU for upgrading a friend's rig.

Then I came across this review on the mentioned PSU from Kituguru.
https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/aris-bitziopoulos/gigabyte-aorus-gp-ap850gm-psu-review/12/

Looks like there is a DC power sequencing problem for the 12v rail that doesn't meet Intel's specs.

My friend is having an i7-8700K CPU, so is this going to pose any problem for the CPU/ MB?
Also the review was posted last year & can anyone confirm if this problem has been rectified by Gigabyte in the latest units?

Thanks.

tier A on our tier list, @LukeSavenije might be able to share more insight based on that review

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

49 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it's a rather minor issue, honestly

nothing to worry about from what i can see, even if not ideal

Thank you so much @Fasauceome & @LukeSavenije for the feedback. I really appreciate it. :)

Then I will definitely go for the Aorus AP850GM PSU as its seems like a solid PSU with pretty decent pricing!