Have you seen this iranian power supply brand ?

Reza Farokhi Pour

Hi guys I'm Reza and i'm sending this post from Iran.

The reason that i start to post this topic is that i want to show you one of the Iranian brand that they create power supplies, cases and CPU air and water cooler ?.

You know because of sanctions that USA has set for my country Iran we are not able to buy most common pc hardware brand in Iran due to their high price in Iran. For example we have to buy Corsair 1200 watt Power supply like 3000$.

Anyway I wanted to show you one brand that we use instead of those expensive international brands which you might not have noticed yet. I've been using a pc with these specifications for almost 6 years with Green power supply and recently i buy CPU air cooler from this brand for my central Intel Monster ? ( absolutely it's not ) believe it or not it works perfectly.

My PC specifications ? :

Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 ? ( The Monster ) With Green Air Cooler

8GB of DDR3 RAM (Geil)

XFX AMD Readon 5670 1GB ( The second Monster ) ?

I was wondering this brand might be interesting to Linus and others in this forum.

Dear Linus,

I really enjoy watching your videos on youtube every day and every time i watch your videos you give me passion to keep going my way for work by your informations and videos about pc hardware or anything you post on youtube.

Thank you.

and here are some examples of those power supply and air coolers ? :

this is a cooler that i use

image.png.a95f13c02ca3087064adae9466347fcd.png

and this one is my power supply

image.png.26a2051b0b1a5b3f554b37a41f3a354e.png

if you're interested to see all product of this brand this is their website : http://green-case.com, unfortunately the website language isn't English but you can go through the pages very easily.

look at this guy and see how cool it is :

https://green.ir/products/power-supply/gp1200b-ocdg

last thing i wanted to mention is that these product are really cheap for us and even you.

but i don't know if you could buy anything from their website because as i know they don't have any international website or retail reseller to do this.

but if you want anything maybe I'll be able to send them to you through Iranian post company : https://post.ir/en-US/PostPortal/1/page/Home

Thank you all guys for reading this topic

IMG_20191202_120203.jpg

IMG_20191202_120216.jpg

IMG_20191202_120226.jpg

Hi Reza, welcome to the forums.

Your Iranian brand Green doesn't create power supplies, as you described it. They only rebrand them, which means they do something the majority of PSU brands do, international and local alike: they buy an off-the-shelf, ready power supply from the true manufacturer, and they just put their own Green label on it.

For example, the Green GP1200B-OCDG from your link is simply a High Power Astro PT 1200W power supply, manufactured by Sirfa Electronic in Dongguan, China. The company Green made an order with them to buy lots of their Astro PT 1200W units, but with Green's sticker and colours.

Likewise, their HP Plus series (Green GP500B-HP+, GP600B-HP+, and GP700B-HP+) is just a stock Sirfa HPM platform, used in High Power Astro Lite series. (High Power is Sirfa's brand.) You can get the same product from many other brands, like Rosewill Photon 550-750W, SilentiumPC Supremo M1 Gold, Zalman EBT 650-750W, and so on.

For their other power supply series they also use PSUs made by other companies, not just Sirfa: Channel Well Technology, HEC, and so on.

All of those manufacturers are also used by many popular brands, like Corsair, Thermaltake or EVGA.

I didn't look into it, it's most likely the same story with their coolers and cases - they simply buy ready products made by OEM manufacturers in China and put their name on them.

You can still feel good about your local brand though, because they choose to rebrand and resell very good products.

3 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

You can still feel good about your local brand though, because they choose to rebrand and resell very good products.

At least on PSUs. That cooler looks nothing special with just two heat tubes and tiny-ass heatsink, it's rather just a replacement for Intel stock cooler than for any serious intentions, something along the Deepcool & iDCooling cheapest tower coolers, they probably use the same OEMs even.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

20 hours ago, OrionFOTL said:

Hi Reza, welcome to the forums.

Your Iranian brand Green doesn't create power supplies, as you described it. They only rebrand them, which means they do something the majority of PSU brands do, international and local alike: they buy an off-the-shelf, ready power supply from the true manufacturer, and they just put their own Green label on it.

For example, the Green GP1200B-OCDG from your link is simply a High Power Astro PT 1200W power supply, manufactured by Sirfa Electronic in Dongguan, China. The company Green made an order with them to buy lots of their Astro PT 1200W units, but with Green's sticker and colours.

Likewise, their HP Plus series (Green GP500B-HP+, GP600B-HP+, and GP700B-HP+) is just a stock Sirfa HPM platform, used in High Power Astro Lite series. (High Power is Sirfa's brand.) You can get the same product from many other brands, like Rosewill Photon 550-750W, SilentiumPC Supremo M1 Gold, Zalman EBT 650-750W, and so on.

For their other power supply series they also use PSUs made by other companies, not just Sirfa: Channel Well Technology, HEC, and so on.

All of those manufacturers are also used by many popular brands, like Corsair, Thermaltake or EVGA.

I didn't look into it, it's most likely the same story with their coolers and cases - they simply buy ready products made by OEM manufacturers in China and put their name on them.

Thanks man.

In some parts i agree with you

but they have factory in Iran

check this video out

https://www.namasha.com/v/xi5YUcc1/پاور_و_منابع_تغذیه_چگونه_تولید_می_شوند؟_گذری_بر_کارخانه_بزرگ_گرین

41 minutes ago, Reza Farokhi Pour said:

Thank you Reza, that's interesting. They're definitely doing some assembly there. Maybe they build some of their power supply series in their own factory, licensing other companies' designs.

If you want, you can take a photo of the label on your particular power supply, so we can see if it says "Made in China" or "Made in Iran" anywhere on it in your case.

• 3 years later...

OCDG_Digitally_PSU_12_400_400.jpg.5e3b8fecc72ac9ee0aa37652cdf8ad9a.jpgGP1200B-OCDG-6-1.thumb.jpg.f85e121c5feb306a1bc6ff55c57ea2fd.jpgGP1200B-OCDG-7-1.thumb.jpg.39592808da8ca6f9735e4eb327283a59.jpgOCDG_Digitally_PSU_00.thumb.jpg.d5d35952adb6e7daa4ebbf7c8be6ec88.jpgOfc they don't make electronic components. For example capacitors are japanese series. They just assemble parts. But with high quality. These are images of Green 1200w green PSU.