Gpu Folding While Not Idle.

Is there a way to set up gpu folding while the computer isn't idle?

Maybe at lower than 100% utilization?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not - kind of a All or Nothing. When the slider is at Medium, the CPU also isn't folding at full power until your system goes idle. With the GPU - when you set the slider to Full - bam - 100%

Now, if you have multiple GPU, here some tricks. Set slider at full. Make sure CPU shows one less core then you have - this leaves on free. (In Advanced View) you can set your primary card into a paused state. Right click on it in the "Folding Slots" section and choose pause. Just remember to restart it later. 

Also - the slots don't always align to stay primary and secondary card, so you may need to play with this to get it working correctly.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

• 1 month later...

What are the Folding@Home definitions of being "Idle" because I have been idle for about 5 minuets and my GPU (680) hasn't been used once.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Basically when your screensaver kicks in.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

This is why I recommend anyone using the Medium setting to have their screen saver set to come on after 5 minutes, or less. The you waste the least amount of idle time.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99