New Gaming PC build

PenguinMaster

I was planning a new pc build since I was getting nauseous while playing games on my pc. I was getting nauseous because of frame stuttering. I had also been planning on getting a new system because I built it about 5 years ago. This is the new pc including the monitor, that based on previous posts I compiled pieces together. However if you saw the price after tax it’s close to $1600 which is totally unattainable. I would like to spend around $1000, but if for a couple more dollars I can get better performance I’ll take it. I already purchased 16GB (2-8GB sticks) of G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600MHz memory (because of Ryzen). So memory doesn’t need to be included in the $1000 price. This is the system I currently have.

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Also my “gaming” monitor is an lg ultra wide 2560x1080 ips 60Hz 5ms response time monitor. This is why I wanted a new monitor too.

-note the quotes around gaming

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

I have a triple monitor setup, would the GPU struggle if I stuck two more 1080p displays in? If so I have the gtx 970 from the old system I can use for the other two displays

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You'll be fine.

You're only gaming on one display, right?

Yes

Just now, Chickenfans said:

Yes

You're fine. The only thing that will put load on the gpu is the game you're playing. Idle desktops won't cause any issues.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

You're fine. The only thing that will put load on the gpu is the game you're playing. Idle desktops won't cause any issues.

Ok thanks!

6 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

Ok thanks!

What about some of the prebuilt systems on amazon with i5’s, i7’s, or Ryzen 5’s, with 1660 Ti’s and 16GB Ram with 512gb of pcie nvme storage for $600-750? Or don’t bother?

What about some of the prebuilt systems on amazon with i5’s, i7’s, or Ryzen 5’s, with 1660 Ti’s and 16GB Ram with 512gb of pcie nvme storage for $600-750? Or don’t bother?

Building a system will always* be cheaper, plus you get the experience of doing it, and understanding kind of how to troubleshoot it yourself if something goofs

*Unless there is a T h i c k sale

20 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Building a system will always* be cheaper, plus you get the experience of doing it, and understanding kind of how to troubleshoot it yourself if something goofs

*Unless there is a T h i c k sale

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC, Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB, 8GB DDR4, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, WiFi Ready & Win 10 Home (GXiVR8060A8, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VGJDKZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ezw4DbNBT2AQ9

iBUYPOWER Gaming PC Computer Desktop Element 9260 (Intel Core i7-9700F 3.0Ghz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD,  WiFi & Windows 10 Home) Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V34QQ3C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mAw4DbFHK3G4K

CyberpowerPC Gamer Master Gaming PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB, 16GB DDR4, 512GB Pci-E Nvme SSD, WiFi Ready & Win 10 Home (GMA1400A, White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X31NT47/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GAw4DbPRGJ4VV

Do any of these systems look acceptable?

18 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

Do any of these systems look acceptable

Eh.

Another big part of the pre builts is that you're not getting quality parts either. They use cheap as shitshack parts so they can bring the price down and then scale the price up to profit

Here's a system for the same price as the first one, outperforms it slightly, and has GOOD parts.

24 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Eh.

Another big part of the pre builts is that you're not getting quality parts either. They use cheap as shitshack parts so they can bring the price down and then scale the price up to profit

Here's a system for the same price as the first one, outperforms it slightly, and has GOOD parts.

If you don’t think the prebuilts are good I’ll go with the original build u sent. Is sapphire and AOC reputable brands? I’ve never heard of them? I saw that the gpu you selected was more money than the one I originally picked, if I go with the original card from the top expensive system and I would take the extra money and buy a slightly more expensive acer monitor with the same specs as the aoc. I just feel better buying from brands I know. Would I see any differences in the graphics cards.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:24 PM, Chickenfans said:

If you don’t think the prebuilts are good I’ll go with the original build u sent. Is sapphire and AOC reputable brands? I’ve never heard of them?

Sapphire are one of the best AMD GPU manufacturers.

Have never personally used AOC, just check online, they should be fine.

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Sapphire are one of the best AMD GPU producers (mind blanked on proper name).

Have never personally used AOC, just check online, they should be fine.

Ok I’ll look into it.

5 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

If you don’t think the prebuilts are good I’ll go with the original build u sent. Is sapphire and AOC reputable brands? I’ve never heard of them?

Like @gloop said, sapphire is one of the best. They have super great warranty

AOC is decent, at least much better than ASUS when it comes to warranty

13 hours ago, Slottr said:

Like @gloop said, sapphire is one of the best. They have super great warranty

AOC is decent, at least much better than ASUS when it comes to warranty

In my current pc I have a 750w Corsair fully modular 80+ gold power supply in it. Can I re-use this because it’s overkill for this new build, so even if it degraded a little, it would still supply enough power for the whole system. Or no? It’s only about 4-5 years old.

2 hours ago, Chickenfans said:

In my current pc I have a 750w Corsair fully modular 80+ gold power supply in it. Can I re-use this because it’s overkill for this new build, so even if it degraded a little, it would still supply enough power for the whole system. Or no? It’s only about 4-5 years old.

What model?

Thats a pretty good unit. No worries in using it for years to come

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Thats a pretty good unit. No worries in using it for years to come

Ok thanks! Do you think it’s worth getting an 240gb m.2 ssd for a boot drive? Or don’t bother?

5 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

Ok thanks! Do you think it’s worth getting an 240gb m.2 ssd for a boot drive? Or don’t bother?

You have two SSD's already, it would be redundant to buy one just for the os unless you have some wacky storage reasons to justify it

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

You have two SSD's already, it would be redundant to buy one just for the os unless you have some wacky storage reasons to justify it

Yea I guess

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

I’ve been looking at the stock cooler temps on the regular stock cooler, and people seem pretty divided on it. Do you think it’ll be enough for the processor or do you think I need to invest in a better cooler?

49 minutes ago, Chickenfans said:

I’ve been looking at the stock cooler temps on the regular stock cooler, and people seem pretty divided on it. Do you think it’ll be enough for the processor or do you think I need to invest in a better cooler?

If you plan on overclocking, grab another cooler. U14S is a good choice.

Otherwise the stock cooler is fine