extra $50 for RX 590 worth over RX 570?

zua93117

Hey all,

I currently have a GTX 660, and I'm looking to upgrade to either a rx 570 or rx 590 to pair up with my amd build.

I can get RX 570 new for ~$160 CAD and RX 590 for ~$210 CAD

The RX 590 is better than RX 570 (~29% according to GPUbench) and it has 4GB more onboard memory.

I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra $40.

Can't really get graphics cards that are more expensive due to budgeting.

I'm using the computer for mostly art graphics work and looking at simple animation (blender and some video compositing)

Thank you all in advance!

3 minutes ago, zua93117 said:

Hey all,

I currently have a GTX 660, and I'm looking to upgrade to either a rx 570 or rx 590 to pair up with my amd build.

I can get RX 570 new for ~$160 CAD and RX 590 for ~$210 CAD

The RX 590 is better than RX 570 (~29% according to GPUbench) and it has 4GB more onboard memory.

I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra $40.

Can't really get graphics cards that are more expensive due to budgeting.

I'm using the computer for mostly art graphics work and looking at simple animation (blender and some video compositing)

Thank you all in advance!

could also wait for the 5500 release, or looked for used 1070 or vega 56. also, how much is a new rx580? could also look at the new 1650 super

Imho the 8gb video memory is probably worth it.  580 also has 8gb though.  I’ve had problems with less than 8gb video memory.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

could also wait for the 5500 release, or looked for used 1070 or vega 56. also, how much is a new rx580? could also look at the new 1650 super

Ah, I totally didn't know that a new entry level radeon card's going to come out.

I think I'll wait then. Either the new card is priced very nicely or old cards will become cheaper, so it's good to wait. :