need to change VPN from PIA - any suggestions?

Pachuca

According to this article PIA is being bought by a giant corp and I doubt they will be focused on the same level of privacy/security for customers. I'm looking to switch to another vpn. I'm using thatoneprivacysite as a resource for picking a good vpn. Here are the top 3 options I've narrowed it down to. 

BlackVPN - this is a Hong Kong based company that offers really good security and doesn't track you or keep logs and allows for unlimited p2p/bittorrent on some servers. This was my first option and seem like a good deal EXCEPT that China could invade Hong Kong any day now and I wouldn't want the communist getting a grip on this company and hurting the vpn services.

Doublehop - this is a Seychelles based company, that's a series of islands off the coast of East Africa - had to google that one. They also offer a similar level of security, but I don't see them offering LEAK PROTECTION 1st Party DNS Servers like BlackVPN. Does that imply that they don't have their own servers and use 3rd party servers instead? 0Overall they look pretty good to me. Does anyone have any input or experience with this vpn?

SecureVPN.to - don't know much about this one, but they do seem to be offering good privacy. Does anyone have any input or experience with this vpn?

I use bittorrent a lot and I'm usually in public places so I need a secure vpn that doesn't log or track me in anyway. If anyone has something to recommend or add to the above please share. 

proton vpn

kaspersky vpn

i have used both and they are really good, especially proton

below: i wouldnt trust that company, even if they state what they stated.

29 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

Hong Kong based company

I'm waiting to make a decision on whether to leave PIA until I hear updates from LTT (Linus said in the WAN show 11/22 that they have put a hold on their PIA sponsorships, but have not cancelled them, until they hear from PIA) and also Purism, who resells PIA as part of the Librem.one service. Librem is a social-purpose corporation, meaning that by law they must put social good ahead of profit, and their social purpose is privacy and security. I trust them to figure out, at a deep level, whether PIA can be trusted under the new ownership, and to be vigilant for any changes in the PIA service.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

3 hours ago, brwainer said:

I'm waiting to make a decision on whether to leave PIA until I hear updates from LTT (Linus said in the WAN show 11/22 that they have put a hold on their PIA sponsorships, but have not cancelled them, until they hear from PIA) and also Purism, who resells PIA as part of the Librem.one service. Librem is a social-purpose corporation, meaning that by law they must put social good ahead of profit, and their social purpose is privacy and security. I trust them to figure out, at a deep level, whether PIA can be trusted under the new ownership, and to be vigilant for any changes in the PIA service.

I don't have time to sit around and wait for these things when I have other options available because of the up coming black friday sales. 

3 hours ago, amdorintel said:

proton vpn

kaspersky vpn

i have used both and they are really good, especially proton

below: i wouldnt trust that company, even if they state what they stated.

I was thinking about proton too. I use their email service and have been very happy with what they do so I assume they will like wise do a good job with the vpn service too. Thanks for the vote of confidence for Proton.