iGPU used instead of dGPU

iM8Pizza
Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,

If AMD's GPU switching technology works like NVIDIA's, the dGPU won't kick in unless you run an app that's configured to run on the dGPU. There may be an option in your dGPU's control panel to let you force apps to use one or the other.

Otherwise, the system will prefer using the iGPU.

Hi, good day to you folks.

The issue is as the title suggest, I'm not really familiar with this kind of issue since this is the first time I'm having it and I'm sorry if the solution to this issue has been provided somewhere else (if this is the case, please do share it to me and I'll try it). I have an HP laptop with i5 6200u with Radeon R5 M330, it seems it uses the iGPU instead of the dGPU it has, the following pictures should illustrate what I mean by it.

Thank you, your help is appreciated.

GPU 0.png

GPU 1.png

If AMD's GPU switching technology works like NVIDIA's, the dGPU won't kick in unless you run an app that's configured to run on the dGPU. There may be an option in your dGPU's control panel to let you force apps to use one or the other.

2 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I see, that make sense especially for laptops to conserve power. Will try checking it out whilst running game

6 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

oh yeah it does, it kicks in when I play games. thanks chap