Painting a motherboard

abdul94
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
17 hours ago, abdul94 said:

Hey! 

So i recently bought a MSI Tomahawk z390 board which is grey and now thinking of doing a white build so was wondering how difficult it is to actually just paint (plasti dip like linus's vid) the heat sinks etc (obviously removing them all and painting!). 

I still have time and could return the board and just get another i suppose unless its not difficult at all? 

If you'd recommend jsut buying a white board any recommendations around the £140 mark? 

Thanks! 

Here I have an overview of using plasti-dip, what you will find is if you have mask lines that you will need to make cuts along the edge to get a proper tear line as to not peel up surrounding plasti-dip. 

Hey! 

So i recently bought a MSI Tomahawk z390 board which is grey and now thinking of doing a white build so was wondering how difficult it is to actually just paint (plasti dip like linus's vid) the heat sinks etc (obviously removing them all and painting!). 

I still have time and could return the board and just get another i suppose unless its not difficult at all? 

If you'd recommend jsut buying a white board any recommendations around the £140 mark? 

Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, abdul94 said:

Hey! 

Thanks! 

Plenty of guides online on how to do this. Be careful not to use any conductive paint or primers. Thick plasti dip will also affect thermal transfer so don't go overboard! Be sure to fill us in on how it goes 

8 minutes ago, Blatcher2 said:

Plenty of guides online on how to do this. Be careful not to use any conductive paint or primers. Thick plasti dip will also affect thermal transfer so don't go overboard! Be sure to fill us in on how it goes 

yeah thats the plan like linus did really.

Thanks for the response :D Once i eventually do it ill try making a post about it! 

Just want the grey parts to be white haha 

6 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Simple.
If you don't want to paint the board build a mainboard "armor" with acryl.

that sounds more difficult!

I would return it and get a white board. No point to having a potentially bad paint job or maybe even a dead motherboard when you can just buy a white one brand new.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

17 hours ago, abdul94 said:

Hey! 

Thanks! 

Here I have an overview of using plasti-dip, what you will find is if you have mask lines that you will need to make cuts along the edge to get a proper tear line as to not peel up surrounding plasti-dip. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Thank you for this!

I'll review it later. Masive help.