What's the best cpu for gaming and streaming at 1080p 144hz?

I have an rtx 2060 6gb and a i3 7100 and i want to upgrade my cpu so what do you think is the best cpu for gaming and streaming at 1080p 144hz?

Just now, Rui Xavier said:

I have an rtx 2060 6gb and a i3 7100 and i want to upgrade my cpu so what do you think is the best cpu for gaming and streaming at 1080p 144hz?

I wouldn't call it the "best" but to pair with an RTX 2060 I would check out the Ryzen 3600. You said streaming, so you may want to pay a little more and get the 3700X for the extra cores. You will have to replace your board as well, but that would be true even if you stayed with Intel.

Just now, sphbecker said:

I wouldn't call it the "best" but to pair with an RTX 2060 I would check out the Ryzen 3600. You said streaming, so you may want to pay a little more and get the 3700X for the extra cores. You will have to replace your board as well, but that would be true even if you stayed with Intel.

I said streaming but i will only stream like once in six month 
I will do only gameplay 99% of the time

You can use the graphics card power to stream select Nvenc on obs if you want to upgrade cpu go with 3700x  

3 minutes ago, Faith7 said:

You can use the graphics card power to stream select Nvenc on obs if you want to upgrade cpu go with 3700x  

is r7 3700x better than i7 9700k for gaming?

1 minute ago, Rui Xavier said:

I have 9700k and is  trash go amd all the way 

1 minute ago, Faith7 said:

why do you say that?

3 minutes ago, Rui Xavier said:

why do you say that?

It comes broken from factory 

Just now, Faith7 said:

It comes broken from factory 

broken? how? is it slow or what? im not understanding how can the 9700k be trash

4 minutes ago, Faith7 said:

That's weird because in benchmarks the 9700K is fuckin killer and my friend with one hasn't had any issues. Something wack with your setup?

6 minutes ago, Rui Xavier said:

In most titles AFAIK Intel CPUs are still a little bit faster, but the 3700X has more threads. If you don't mind AMD then the 3700X is the better CPU overall, especially for streaming/heavier multitasking. In only games, a 9700K at 5-5.1GHz likely still has a slight lead. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

That's weird because in benchmarks the 9700K is fuckin killer and my friend with one hasn't had any issues. Something wack with your setup?

In most titles AFAIK Intel CPUs are still a little bit faster, but the 3700X has more threads. If you don't mind AMD then the 3700X is the better CPU overall, especially for streaming/heavier multitasking. In only games, a 9700K at 5-5.1GHz likely still has a slight lead. 

how much of a lead in stock clock are we talking about ?

If you don't think you will be actively steaming, then I would say the 3600 is your best bet along side an RTX 2600. Sure, the 3700X is a great CPU, but $130 extra is a huge percentage increase for performance your GPU will probably never see. So unless you really want those extra two cores for streaming, save your money.

Gamer's Nexus review of the 3000 series basically said the same thing, that 3600 is king unless you are looking at the 3900X, he struggled to find a usecase for the in-between chips. Not because they are bad, but because the 3600 is so good.

1 minute ago, sphbecker said:

If you don't think you will be actively steaming, then I would say the 3600 is your best bet along side an RTX 2600. Sure, the 3700X is a great CPU, but $130 extra is a huge percentage increase for performance your GPU will probably never see. So unless you really want those extra two cores for streaming, save your money.

my actuall goal is to play games (without streaming) at 144fps can the r7 3700x do that in most games where i7 9700k also does it?

Just now, Rui Xavier said:

first can you tell me what does AFAIK means?

Second how much of lead in stock clock are we talking about ?

As Far As I Know. 

Stock clock to stock clock? IIRC (If I Recall Correctly) the 9700K will do a 4.7Ghz all-core boost, 3700X quotes 4.4 but I think that's single core, all-core is around 4.1Ghz? Clockspeeds aren't too comparable though, the Zen 2 chips have a better IPC than Intel, letting them compete or beat at lower clockspeeds. 

Here's a comparision: 

This may be from before the BIOS fixes to sort out boost issues on Zen 2, they might be performing a bit better now. Usually only 5-10% or so behind Intel in games, faster in a lot of multithreaded workloads. 

1 minute ago, sphbecker said:

^^^ This is also true. And people have been streaming on stuff like 8700Ks for a couple years now without issue (the 3600 is about on par with an 8700K), should be bueno even if you do need to stream. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

15 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

As Far As I Know. 

Stock clock to stock clock? IIRC (If I Recall Correctly) the 9700K will do a 4.7Ghz all-core boost, 3700X quotes 4.4 but I think that's single core, all-core is around 4.1Ghz? Clockspeeds aren't too comparable though, the Zen 2 chips have a better IPC than Intel, letting them compete or beat at lower clockspeeds. 

Here's a comparision: 

This may be from before the BIOS fixes to sort out boost issues on Zen 2, they might be performing a bit better now. Usually only 5-10% or so behind Intel in games, faster in a lot of multithreaded workloads. 

^^^ This is also true. And people have been streaming on stuff like 8700Ks for a couple years now without issue (the 3600 is about on par with an 8700K), should be bueno even if you do need to stream. 

Basicly that video told me that for gaming which is what im going to do the i7 9700k is better so what are for me the advantages of an r7 3700x?

22 minutes ago, Rui Xavier said:

my actuall goal is to play games (without streaming) at 144fps can the r7 3700x do that in most games where i7 9700k also does it?

have a look here its your money i have a 9700k and as you can see many people are reporting problem with this cpu 

Just now, Faith7 said:

theres no solution to this 

Ok man well thanks for warning me because i had never heard of it ill go with the r7 3700x then Thank you a lot for the warning

That's not broken. CPUs are designed to go to 100% usage, if the game uses all 8 cores it'll slap to 100% load. 

5 minutes ago, Rui Xavier said:

Basicly that video told me that for gaming which is what im going to do the i7 9700k is better so what are for me the advantages of an r7 3700x?

Bit cheaper, easier to cool (though less clock headroom), faster in pretty much everything other than gaming (except Premiere, which benefits greatly from the 9700K's iGPU). In games it'll still keep over 144fps easily for most titles, so you won't really notice a difference in games. If you're playing a game that eats up over 8 cores/threads, the 3700X will have a bit smoother 1% lows and such on average. 

theres no solution to this 

Eeeeeh smells of bull, doesn't seem broken to me. People not understanding how loads work perhaps? My 8600K had 2 less cores and I never had issues with that, yes it hit 100% load in games but again that's what CPUs are made for. Most of my skim of the 9700K issues seems to be uneducated people thinking 100% load is bad. 

Main PC 

4 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

That's not broken. CPUs are designed to go to 100% usage, if the game uses all 8 cores it'll slap to 100% load. 

Bit cheaper, easier to cool (though less clock headroom), faster in pretty much everything other than gaming (except Premiere, which benefits greatly from the 9700K's iGPU). In games it'll still keep over 144fps easily for most titles, so you won't really notice a difference in games. If you're playing a game that eats up over 8 cores/threads, the 3700X will have a bit smoother 1% lows and such on average. 

Eeeeeh smells of bull, doesn't seem broken to me. People not understanding how loads work perhaps? My 8600K had 2 less cores and I never had issues with that, yes it hit 100% load in games but again that's what CPUs are made for. Most of my skim of the 9700K issues seems to be uneducated people thinking 100% load is bad. 

That actually makes sense because if the 9700k uses 100% it loads everything faster and smoother
Btw thanks for explaining me the advantages of the r7 3700x now ill definetly go for it
Btw if then you want to play together im available at any time to play overwatch Dead by daylight fortnite minecraft apex, etc

If you want to play add me on discord: DKGeneral#1050

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

are the cpu designed to run at stick 100 and the gpu at 30 ?  in all games ? you can see here the proof is not 1 peson with the same problem its alot 

2 minutes ago, Faith7 said:

are the cpu designed to run at stick 100 and the gpu at 30 ?  in all games ? you can see here the proof is not 1 peson with the same problem its alot 

what gpu do you have and what games do you play?