Coolant Hotter than CPU

First, the specs:
R9 3900x
ASrock X570 Taichi
EVGA CLC280 AIO
Fractal Meshify S2
2x16G of G.Skill Trident Z Royal at 3600
Gigabyte RTX 2080
5 Noctua 140mm fans (2 on the radiator, 1 pulling from the bottom of the case, 1 rear exhaust, 1 top exhaust)

Now, the issue... EVGA Flow control was having serious issues launching, staying launched, and in general constant instability. I don't know what exactly I did to make it work (uninstalled and reinstalled a dozen times, fresh install of windows, etc) but now it automagically works. Though, now after it has become stable and functioning "correctly" when the ambient tempt drops below 70F/21C and my pc is at idle or very low work loads the CPU reports as cooler than the coolant. Which shouldn't be remotely possible. I do have the radiator mounted to the front of the case so its pulling in fresh cool air. I've seen the CPU go as much as 1.5C cooler than the actual coolant. Adding a load increases the CPU temps above the coolant though. 

I've attempted contacting EVGA, but so far haven't gotten a response. So my question to all of you, have any of you come across this before? Is it a bad sensor in the coolant or on the motherboard maybe? I haven't had any overheating issues at all. My fan curves are pretty strong, and even while gaming, recording, and streaming all at once I never break 80C on the CPU or the GPU even at 1440p for all of the above. Trying to make sure everything runs smooth for the foreseeable future. 

This is the most expensive build I have put together by far, and I might just be over thinking it a bit, but I'd rather get some feed back from others before moving forward from here.

flow control.jpg

Check CPU temp in HWinfo64

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 minutes ago, GamerTrem said:

What do you need the software for exactly? Pretty much all software like it is terrible.

Most likely just ignore it and control your fans/pump from your motherboard.

Temp probe inside it, or it's reporting is just bugged.

Check Ryzen Master for actual CPU temps.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

EVGA's software isn't know to be the most stable and consistant. My guess is that the software is just reading things wrong. In any case, if the software is only a couple of degrees off it doesn't really matter IMO.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Check CPU temp in HWinfo64

HWinfo64 reports the same as Flow Control.

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What do you need the software for exactly? Pretty much all software like it is terrible.

Most likely just ignore it and control your fans/pump from your motherboard.

Temp probe inside it, or it's reporting is just bugged.

Check Ryzen Master for actual CPU temps.

Ryzen Master reports the temp the same as Flow Control and HWinfo64

21 minutes ago, GamerTrem said:

5OhuCUj.png

What temp are your refering to? Check core#

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Sounds like crap. Doesn’t see why the temp readings are that important in that regard. 

Just wait for a new version or try an older one. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

6 hours ago, GamerTrem said:

I've seen the CPU go as much as 1.5C cooler than the actual coolant.

LOL, I doubt EVGA's sensor is that precise, wouldn't pay too much attention to such difference.

6 hours ago, GamerTrem said:

Adding a load increases the CPU temps above the coolant though. 

Realistically, these are the temps that matter, so if you get reasonable measurements under load you need not to worry further.

I remember AMD's sensors in Bulldozer & co CPUs reporting ridiculous idle temps (like 7°C in a 20°C room), because their builtin sensor specs made them useless below 30°C-40°C. Under load you would start to get reasonable readings.

5 hours ago, GamerTrem said:

HWinfo64 reports the same as Flow Control.

They are all hooking up to the same driver for the CPU's sensor, so they just get the same reading. I'm assuming only EVGA's software shows the liquid temperature, though, so no way to cross-validate?

5 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

What temp are your refering to? Check core#

He's using Ryzen, so he only has one CPU temp ("package"), "Core" temps will just all be copy-pastes from that number.

I don't use this software apart from HWinfo but if your coolant sensor is after your CPU and before the radiator then yes it will report as being hotter.

When I was watercooling (moved continents and have to use laptop for now) I honestly didn't pay much attention to the liquid heat, only to individual component heat readings. I typically found that reports from hardware manufacturers than ventured into software with their AIOs (examples below) etc were extremely poor at providing accurate information.

EVGA I assume would've been better considering they have experience of MOBO+GPU software (I've never actually owned anything EVGA so don't have firsthand experience) but others say they aren't great, neither are Corsair, NZXT etc.