New Build

MuffinBreath454

So I am looking to build my very first pc for about $350. I did my research and put together a build for myself. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AdmiralChez/saved/fRxq3C

I know that the motherboard could be cheaper, but I bought on sale for $80. I also already have the case.

If you have any suggestions on how I could improve my build, please don't hesitate. Thanks.

"This part list is private"

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Oh, my bad.

Specifications

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g

Motherboard: MSI Gaming Plus B450

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V ddr4-3200

Storage: 240GB Kingston A400 m.2 SSD

Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55

PSU: Not set on a specific PSU. 

Cost: $364.49

2 minutes ago, MuffinBreath454 said:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g

what do you plan with just a 4 core cpu?

casual office work > prebuilt i5

budget gaming > r5 1600 + rx570 (used)

Budget Gaming and Office suite. Maybe some light Photoshop. Maybe. Not a priority.

Also, I am looking at a budget build, so anything with more than 4 cores is too expensive and I think we both understand the problems with dual-core cpus now a days...

Plus, 720p gaming at medium settings is my target. From what I understand, a 2nd Generation Ryzen 3 apu works fine? 

1 minute ago, MuffinBreath454 said:

720p gaming at medium settings is my target. From what I understand, a 2nd Generation Ryzen 3 apu works fine? 

720p lowest settings will get you 30fps for some games

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

720p lowest settings will get you 30fps for some games

What games in particular?

Honestly, it just has to perform as well as an Xbox One (Original) or better. 

And after researching for a little bit, I've found at 1080p most games will reach 30fps max, but 720p is fine for me, and that should bring up the framerates, right?

Honestly at this price point you are trying to hit you are much better off going second hand. Did you say you already bought the motherboard?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

19 hours ago, Skipple said:

Honestly at this price point you are trying to hit you are much better off going second hand. Did you say you already bought the motherboard?

Yes. However, I got it for around 25% off, and it had more functionality than the one I was going to use. I also have bought the case.

1 hour ago, MuffinBreath454 said:

Yes. However, I got it for around 25% off, and it had more functionality than the one I was going to use. I also have bought the case.

You really need to factor in a budget GPU here if you want to do any sort of gaming. Onboard graphics for the 2200g are going to get you no where.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 hour ago, Skipple said:

You really need to factor in a budget GPU here if you want to do any sort of gaming. Onboard graphics for the 2200g are going to get you no where.

I disagree. Ryzen On-Board graphics are pretty darn good. Multiple benchmarks from a variety of sources have shown that at 1080p, most games will run in between 30 and 60+ fps (more demanding games at lower fps, obviously), and I don't game frequently, or with AAA titles for that matter.

Of course, my research could be skewed. If you have different results, please send me links to where you got the information from. I'm eager to learn more about the world of PCs.

I tried to upgrade to a ssd and it didnt read it.  Now it wont read my hard drive either. Smart check says my hdd is fine.  I cant get my computer back. I followed all the steps and somehow i messed it up. My mom bougbt this computer for me and i feel terrible.  I know nobody can help but still... thanks for listening.