Dual PC Streaming Build Help

Hello, 

I'm helping with building a computer for my friend that is looking for a high end dual-pc (one for gaming and one for streaming exclusively). 
Now, I went across the internet searching for answers but in the end I have some questions left.

For the gaming rig, budget was up to $5000. Custom watercooling is not included in the budget, it is solely for the parts. Can we get something better in this price range? I was not too sure about the PSU, but he wanted beQuiet! since he used same brand PSU in his previous PC. For some parts we went with the Waterforce theme, I've been using AORUS my whole life and I have no doubts about their quality to be honest. PC is meant to be playing on both 4K and 1440p. 

Gaming Rig (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7znMvW)

CPU i9 9900KS
GPU RTX 2080 Ti AORUS Waterforce
MOBO Z390 AORUS Waterforce
RAM G.Skill 4266 MHz 16GB
SSD ADATA S11 Pro M.2 1TB

For the streaming PC I am still not too sure about CPU. I saw people went for i9 9900k due to it's iGPU which then they can to pass and have none to install in their computer but we wanted to use an AMD product. Now, asking purely perfomance-based (streaming only basically) is AMD Ryzen 3900X better for this task than any of the intel products? Because sure we thought about X series of Intel, but I have no experience whatsoever with these ones. Can anyone give me his opinion on this? Ideally, we could wait for Ryzen 3950X if it's worth it. 
Now beacuse it's Ryzen, we have to put a GPU. We could reuse his previous GPU which is 1070 Ti for that matter. Also I thought of fast m.2 for streaming PC and 32 gbs of RAM at least. 

TL;DR : Need a CPU for streaming PC and opinion on other parts. 

Thank you for reading! 

17 minutes ago, inflex2 said:

CPU i9 9900KS
GPU RTX 2080 Ti AORUS Waterforce
MOBO Z390 AORUS Waterforce
RAM G.Skill 4266 MHz 16GB
SSD ADATA S11 Pro M.2 1TB

Hello,

Will you also watercool the GPU ? If so get a cheaper one.

AMD will be better for streaming because of the higher count core and HT, but 3950x is not really worth it, even a 3700x is enough for that.

Also you want a dual system but I'm confused of how it will work since you have only link one build, and a 9900k or 3900x in itself doesn't need a 2nd pc to play and stream at the same time.

One PC is meant to be dealing with games in 4k on ultra settings and the other have to handle the streaming stress. I would use a capture card for this task as well. 
So the parts I linked are for the gaming PC, the streaming PC is not yet created that's why there is no link.

I believe for streaming PC such GPU as you linked is not needed at all since it is mainly gonna drain CPU + low GPU (as people are doing i9 9900 without GPU since iGPU is enough for streaming purposes). 

11 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

Will you also watercool the GPU ? If so get a cheaper one.

Yes, what do you mean by cheaper one?

That's a complete waste of money. 

You don't need separate PC for streaming. 

I play and stream/record on one PC and can maintain stable 720p60/1080p60 on stream/capture and games still run close to 200FPS.

7 minutes ago, inflex2 said:

Yes, what do you mean by cheaper one?

You are buying a 2500$ GPU that is already watercooled, that you will then watercooled with a custom loop, that's absurd. So a 1200$ 2080Ti makes more sence and saves a lot of money.

3 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

You are buying a 2500$ GPU that is already watercooled, that you will then watercooled with a custom loop, that's absurd. So a 1200$ 2080Ti makes more sence and saves a lot of money.

Isn't it that if I don't buy GPU with pre attached watterblock like this one, I'd just simply lose warranty on GPU? 

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

That's a complete waste of money. 

You don't need separate PC for streaming. 

I play and stream/record on one PC and can maintain stable 720p60/1080p60 on stream/capture and games still run close to 200FPS.

Well, there are certainly many pros of having seperate streaming PC as far as I know. 

Why do you need a lot of power for a PC dedicated to streaming? I would imagine that a core i3 or something equivalent would be just fine as long as you have a capture card. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

2 minutes ago, inflex2 said:

Isn't it that if I don't buy GPU with pre attached watterblock like this one, I'd just simply lose warranty on GPU? 

You will lose the warranty in either case (watercooled or air cooled) because you will need to remove the shroud, backplate, fans (air cooled one) and pump (watercooled one).

2 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

You will lose the warranty in either case (watercooled or air cooled) because you will need to remove the shroud, backplate, fans (air cooled one) and pump (watercooled one).

Ok, that makes sense now, I'm not the one that will do the custom watercooling that's why I'm asking! That actually saves some money, what can we do with it? 

7 minutes ago, inflex2 said:

Ok, that makes sense now, I'm not the one that will do the custom watercooling that's why I'm asking! That actually saves some money, what can we do with it? 

To be honest you could go with the build I made, it's still overkill, as said above, just one rig is enough. So buy a lot of chocolate ! Or a big *ss monitor if you don't have one.

28 minutes ago, J4C0B 4W3S0M3 said:

Why do you need a lot of power for a PC dedicated to streaming? I would imagine that a core i3 or something equivalent would be just fine as long as you have a capture card. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

This is wrong. Rendering presets for h264 can take a bit of horsepower on the non-shitty presets.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Just now, Skipple said:

This is wrong. Rendering presets for h264 can take a bit of horsepower on the non-shitty presets.

Good to know

1 hour ago, Plouffe said:

To be honest you could go with the build I made, it's still overkill, as said above, just one rig is enough. So buy a lot of chocolate ! Or a big *ss monitor if you don't have one.

You might be right although he wants to spend prepared amount, so maybe just get better parts for streaming PC then? 
I believe it is inspired off of this girl that made this diagram. He seems excited as hell about this project and he probably won't leave the dual pc idea anyways. DualPC_by_AnneMunition_Jan2019v1.png

Okay, there is a ton if misinformation going on in this thread and I venture to guess that anyone giving their input right now hasn't attempted to stream with a second PC before. 

There are pros and cons, but generally if you have the ability and money (which you clearly do here) the pros outweigh the cons IMO. 

As for the Streaming PC itself. Diminishing returns are certainly a factor here. 3900x is on the high end but you will be able to render at a very slow h264 preset. (slower is better) Anything more powerful you probably wouldn't notice a difference. Any GPU you add will just be for video out to display essentially so no reason to go overboard here. A $20 GPU will be fine. Use the 1070ti for something that matters.

Skip the capture card. NDI Scanner and NDI OBS Plugin is able to send video over IP with virtually no compression or latency.

Be sure to take into account a good sound mixer. I find this VASTLY superior to any software option.

ALL THAT SAID. The 9900KS can CERTAINLY encode and game at the same time and there isn't a need for a streaming PC in this set up at all.. I just prefer the flexibility of a second PC.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

3 minutes ago, Skipple said:

A $20 GPU will be fine. Use the 1070ti for something that matters.

Skip the capture card. NDI Scanner and NDI OBS Plugin is able to send video over IP with virtually no compression or latency.

Be sure to take into account a good sound mixer. I find this VASTLY superior to any software option.

Pretty much we don't have anything to do with 1070ti other than selling it then I guess. 
Currently he has MACKIE 802 VLZ 4 mixer, Behringer amps usb interface I guess ? AKAI EIE PRO and some DBX pre-amps - I don't really know much about it all to be honest. 
Thank you for your insight, is fast m.2 requied for streaming purposes? And is 16gbs enough or better add extra to get 32 for streaming machine? 

4 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Okay, there is a ton if misinformation going on in this thread and I venture to guess that anyone giving their input right now hasn't streamed with a second PC before. 

We just said that it's overkill but w/e, make him an overpriced computer if you want. The 3k I did is already overkill for gaming and streaming at the same time.

12 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

We just said that it's overkill but w/e, make him an overpriced computer if you want. The 3k I did is already overkill for gaming and streaming at the same time.

Overkill of raw hardware to stream? Yup absolutely. His gaming PC is already there and a second PC isn't necessary at all in that respect. 

The usability and benefits of having a second PC while streaming? That's why this becomes worth it. 

ask me about my homelab

3 minutes ago, inflex2 said:

Currently he has MACKIE 802 VLZ 4 mixer, Behringer amps usb interface I guess ? AKAI EIE PRO and some DBX pre-amps - I don't really know much about it all to be honest. 

Yup, should be fine. 

3 minutes ago, inflex2 said:

is fast m.2 requied for streaming purposes?

No. A SSD will be fine to throw the OS and OBS on. 

4 minutes ago, inflex2 said:

And is 16gbs enough or better add extra to get 32

16 is more than enough. 

ask me about my homelab

Just as a side note. I stream with a 2700x on medium preset. This would be enough for most people. Obviously an overkill setup that can stretch more. 

ask me about my homelab

Just now, Skipple said:

No. A SSD will be fine to throw the OS and OBS on. 

Then just normal m.2 I guess? Honestly there is literally no price difference (at least where i live) between a SATA and a solid NVMe m2 ssd. Will throw in a HDD for files as well! 
Thank you for your help