Is my ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 OC Edition dead?

Tenny

Hi all, 

So... I built myself a completely new computer in July/August this year, and as part of it, I purchased a ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 OC Edition 6GB (all components for the system were ordered via Amazon UK). Everything has been running fine for the last 3 months, but yesterday my desktop started glitching (see attachment), and now I can't get Windows to load.

My main components are:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Gigabyte Aorus X570 AORUS PRO (BIOS: f6b)
  • Corsair CMK32GX4M2D3200C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB)
  • Corsair RM850x

Thinking it was a driver issue, I reinstalled Windows 10 1903 completely, and was able to get to the desktop. Once WindowsUpdate kicked in and tried to install the NVIDIA drivers, it does whats shown in the video, and freezes the computer. If I switch it off, and back on, it'll get as far as the Windows spinning circles and then black screen and freeze again. I also tried a clean install of Win10 1903/1909 with no internet connection, and tried installing different drivers from NVIDIA's site (v431.60, v431.86, v441.20) but the same thing happens.

I even tried using a different power supply (another RM850x from my old build) but the same thing happens. I've exhausted software/hardware diagnostics as far as I can so... is my card dead/dying? I tried contacting Amazon UK's Technical Support, they said to email ASUS (which I have), so I'm waiting for ASUS to reply.

Thanks! :)

Thanks all, ASUS agreed that the card is dead and said to contact Amazon, who are guiding me through the return process (I opted for a refund so I can use the credit towards a 2060 Super instead)