Has anyone used Novatech to purchase a CPU.

sky_shark_101
Go to solution Solved by RainfallWithin,

I have bought a lot of items from Novatech UK over the years. They are very quick to dispatch and I've had good experiences with them. Their staff on the phone are quite knowledgable. The prices are good and they honour warranties properly.

If you place your order and the confirmation email says 'back order', don't worry. They always have stock if you're ordering from their website and they'll dispatch it quickly.

So heres the thing. The aforementioned company has the 9980xe listed at over £700 below retail at £1078.79. Link is below. My usual "if it is too good to be true then it usually is" sense is kicking in. Or do you think it could be that the new 10 series refresh on x299 is going to be significantly cheaper to combat the threat of ryzen 9 is having a knock on effect on the 9 series prices. Would appreciate your thoughts on this one, particularly if you have bought a CPU from them in the past. This I think would make things interesting in deciding between intel or ryzen for HEDT.

https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/intel-core-i9-9980xe-extreme-edition-skylake-x-refresh-processor-retail/bx80673i99980x.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA5dPuBRCrARIsAJL7oejPvtY5L_YDB1rX4vWP5HtH22VBb-u2O6btWaGUoaXbOqI14Bc7j4UaAqNPEALw_wcB#utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products

I've personally never bought anything from Novatech, but know a few people who have a while ago. The 10 series HEDT are supposed to be significantly cheaper than the 9000s though. I'm certain this is just to clear them out before 10th gen release, however. 10980xe should be a similar price to the 9980xe sale price there, if not slightly cheaper in theory.

https://www.techpowerup.com/260408/intel-to-halve-prices-of-7th-and-9th-gen-skylake-x-hedt-processors

I have bought a lot of items from Novatech UK over the years. They are very quick to dispatch and I've had good experiences with them. Their staff on the phone are quite knowledgable. The prices are good and they honour warranties properly.

If you place your order and the confirmation email says 'back order', don't worry. They always have stock if you're ordering from their website and they'll dispatch it quickly.