Should I buy a motherboard?

Currently i have an MSI b350m gaming pro motherboard. (I'm still using an atx case) I recently upgraded to a ryzen 3800x and I was wondering if i would see any benefit from upgrading my motherboard to something like the x570 gaming pro carbon or even an x470 board

iirc that moba has pretty poor VRMs, so i'd recommend upgrading 

Short list of budget options:
Super-Budget: $80
ASRock B450 Pro4, this board doesn't have the most impressive VRMs, but you can find MAX (/'Ryzen 3000 ready') version pretty easily, and it can overclock a 3700x/3800x no sweat, and run a 3900x 3950x stock, but getting too hot if you run PBO/AutoOC (/run high voltages).  , cheapest way to get into Ryzen 3000 without sacrificing too much with VRMs.  I own this board and the BIOS isn't the nicest, but it gets the job done, im happy with it.
^If you live near a MicroCenter they sell the Ryzen 3000 Ready version of this board (finding a ryzen 3000 ready version, if you want that, may be more difficult online, at this price) if flashing the bios isn't a concern then don't worry about that.

Budget: 110-120$
MSI B450 Tomahawk (MAX), a bit pricier then ASRock, similar VRM, but arguably better BIOS if you plan on tinkering with overclocks, ram timing etc.  Probably one of the most acclaimed "value" boards for Ryzen in general. 

Budget X570 165$ish 
Asus Prime x570-p or Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
these by most accounts are the best cheap X570 you can get, great VRMs, pretty good BIOS etc
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS/

If nothing else DO NOT buy a cheap MSI X570 boards, they did well with previous generations, but almost everything they sell under 300$ for x570 has insanly crap VRMs, Hardware Unboxed did multiple videos about this.  They make great high end X570 boards but for some reason dropped the ball on low end X570

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

You'd get a vrm upgrade, do you plan on overclocking? Also do you need 4 dimm slots?

I do plan on overclocking. I'm currently running a noctua d-15 chromax. Currently i can get a 4.2ghz overclock with my current motherboard.

My advice, you want to get good value out of the parts you have paid for. You clearly spent good money on that 3800X, so I would find yourself a nice X570 to go with it (but don't spend too much, they get pricey fast). The newer precision boost features alone will help get extra performance out of your CPU event if you don't overcloock. Make sure you have a reasonable CPU cooler. AMD's boost speeds are directly related to temps. The stock cooler will hold you back some.

6 hours ago, Withenex said:

I do plan on overclocking. I'm currently running a noctua d-15 chromax. Currently i can get a 4.2ghz overclock with my current motherboard.

Then you should get a new mobo. A good choice would be the X570 TUF from ASUS.

check out the vid, skip to when he starts discussing the sub 200$ boards.