Question And Power Needed

Bluejay0

Good Afternoon,

How much power would be needed to run specific NVIDIA cards. I have a Corsair GS700 for my build and let's say the GTX 780 is a current gen Titan. How many "Titans" could I run?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I think you could only run one since the minimum psu requirement is 600W. Guru3d recommends a 800W psu if you plan on going dual card Titan setup and 1200W for three way Titan SLI.

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_review,9.html

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

You could probably only run one, however; usually the next gen GPUs will have a lower power draw.  

You could easily run one, Maybe and that's a BIG maybe you could run two depending on if the 780 has a lower power draw then current titans and depending on your CPU and if its overclocked, and whats in your pc harddrives, led light, fans and so on, But to be safe you could run one

[THE TITAN]

CASECorsair C70 (BLACK+RED Leds) | CPU:  i7 3930k | CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOTHERBOARDASUS Rampage IV Formula | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | SSD: SAMSUNG 840PRO (512GB) | 

HDD: Western Digital Black (2TB)+(2TB) GPUGTX TITAN X2 IN SLI | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | SOUND CARD: Xonar Phoebus | MONITORS: ASUS PB278Q X3 IN NVIDIA Surround |

You can run 2 of those if you don't mind downclocking and decrease the voltage of both cards.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB