Computer Shutting Off Repeatedly

I've been looking for a solution for this problem for like a month now. My PC is constantly shutting off at random times. The only consistency I find in the time that it shuts off, is during boot when the computer powers on. It will power on, then shut off almost immediately or after a few seconds. It will repeat this cycle for a while until it finally decides it wants to power on. And even then, it still may shut off during use just not very frequently. I've had this computer since 2013 and this wasn't a problem until about last month. Thinking it was the power supply, I bought a gold rated PSU with a bit more wattage (550W, 500W before) but to no avail. I reinstalled Windows, tested and diagnosed my RAM, cleaned the computer of dust, but none of it seems to be the issue. One person has suggested to me that it could be the motherboard, but i'd like a second opinion on that since i'd have to buy a new motherboard and RAM because may as well just upgrade to DDR4 since I am still running DDR3. The only other thing I can find wrong, is that my RAM has displayed different timings about a week apart. Here is the spec list:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz    25 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z77-HD3 (Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz)    26 °C
Graphics
    X191W (1440x900@75Hz)
    2367 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte)    34 °C
Storage
    931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T2B0A-00SM50 ATA Device (SATA (SSD))    22 °C
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 ATA Device (SATA )    25 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB ATA Device
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I would suspect the motherboard, based on the PC's behavior.  Gigabyte motherboards usually turn on and off a couple times when the CMOS is resetting from a change or error, so maybe try replacing the CMOS battery and see if that helps.

17 minutes ago, VIVO-US said:

I would suspect the motherboard, based on the PC's behavior.  Gigabyte motherboards usually turn on and off a couple times when the CMOS is resetting from a change or error, so maybe try replacing the CMOS battery and see if that helps.

I'll try it. Anything  need to know about replacing the battery? Battery types, where to buy them, stuff like that?

1 minute ago, Dusky Crow said:

I'll try it. Anything  need to know about replacing the battery? Battery types, where to buy them, stuff like that?

try to just take it out, wait a minute and put it back in for now. CMOS batteries shouldn't need replacing, but resetting the BIOS like this sometimes helps. also try to have one stick of RAM at a time, to see if one of them is bad.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

try to just take it out, wait a minute and put it back in for now. CMOS batteries shouldn't need replacing, but resetting the BIOS like this sometimes helps. also try to have one stick of RAM at a time, to see if one of them is bad.

Yeah I already tested if one of the RAM sticks were bad. But the problem persisted no matter what slot it was in or what stick it was. I'll see if the CMOS battery is the problem here in just a second.

2 hours ago, boggy77 said:

2 hours ago, VIVO-US said:

So I just replaced the CMOS battery, no dice. For now, we know that it's not Windows, not the PSU, not the RAM, and not the CMOS. Man this hurts me.