Are the Kingston a2000 good?

Mortrix

I'm building a system using the asus b450-i, which has space for 2 m.2 nvme x4 drives. I wanna get a 1tb for games, and 250-500gb for Windows. I came across the kingston a2000, which looks like a great deal. So... whats the catch? why are they the same price as other sata m.2 drives. And are they any good?

Recently bought a 1TB one for my games because it was only 10 bucks more expensive than qlc nvme / sata III. They are really good, its basically nvme speed for sata prices. I would definitely recommend them.

6 hours ago, Mortrix said:

I'm building a system using the asus b450-i, which has space for 2 m.2 nvme x4 drives. I wanna get a 1tb for games, and 250-500gb for Windows. I came across the kingston a2000, which looks like a great deal. So... whats the catch? why are they the same price as other sata m.2 drives. And are they any good?

See what is your local price for the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro. In the Netherland, it is a bit cheaper than the Kingston but faster. Read Tom's Hardware reviews. It is only a little slower than the Samsung 970 EVO plus.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-ssd,5955.html