Recommended X570 board, around $200

Wingfan

Im liking the Aurus Elite, but open to suggestions.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

How bad do you need what x570 has?  Iirc I read somewhere that all the low end x570 boards are junk, and that buying a higher end but lower tier board potentially both saves money and nets better hardware.  It lacks some of the features x570 has though so it might not be an option.  One thing lower tier monos DON’T have is a custom on mobo fan.  That’s a “feature” I personally can live without.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The Aurus has than fan, and 12+2 VRM. Eventually im getting a Ryzen 9, once i sell a kydney.
Is the M.2 provide faster speeds than the B450?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

How bad do you need what x570 has?  Iirc I read somewhere that all the low end x570 boards are junk, and that buying a higher end but lower tier board potentially both saves money and nets better hardware.  It lacks some of the features x570 has though so it might not be an option.  One thing lower tier monos DON’T have is a custom on mobo fan.  That’s a “feature” I personally can live without.

Other than Gigabyte, what brands do you recommend? within price reason.

12 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

The Aurus has than fan, and 12+2 VRM. Eventually im getting a Ryzen 9, once i sell a kydney.
Is the M.2 provide faster speeds than the B450?

Ryzen 9 and m.2 with pcie4 speed bump.  This doesn’t sound like a gaming machine.  Too many threads, too much drive speed.

According to what reading ive done Gaming (specifically gaming) doesn’t generally even functionally benefit much from m.2 NVME over sata6 speed bump, let alone PCIE3-PCIE4.  There may possibly be future proofing solely because playstation5/project Scarlett developers are teasing vague “faster” storage solutions.  That offers a very wide range though.

avoiding the fan on x570 is nearly impossible.  Iirc there are only 2 motherboards that do it and neither are reasonably priced.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'd say there's 3 choices to consider under $200 for a Ryzen 9:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/McfFf7/asus-prime-x570-p-atx-am4-motherboard-prime-x570-p

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/whMTwP/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-tuf-gaming-x570-plus

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nHxbt6/gigabyte-x570-aorus-elite-atx-am4-motherboard-x570-aorus-elite

There's also the wifi versions of the TUF and the Elite if you need it. These boards are the 3 best in terms of VRM temps under $200. They are all great choices.