Disney Plus Not working on my 6 month old Vizio TV

ELSknutson

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plus-doesnt-work-on-vizio-smart-tvs/

According to what I have read I should be able to play Disney+ on my TV using my iphone but when I try to connect my TV  the logo for Disney Plus comes up and then it goes black and says that this app is not supported on this device. Is the a way around this or a hot fix. I have a 70in Vizeo E series that I purchased in June.  This is frustrating because I have 2 small kids That want to watch the movies and they cant unless they are on my phone or computer which is not a place I want a 2 year old. 

Unfortunately your probably stuck until they update it in 2020.

You might consider buying a Roku or Amazon Fire Stick or a chromcast. That is probably the cheapest option to get it up and running. :(

This goes to show: make sure to verify your device is supported before you sign up.

You can try contacting Disney+ support - but likely you're out of luck unless as @Catsrules suggests, you pick up a compatible playback device.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Ya adding a 4K fire stick for $50.00 seams like kind of a wast just to watch 1 app. Plus my TV is flush mounted to the wall so adding a fire stick would be a beast. but maybe if the price drops during black Friday I may get one. 

Just now, ELSknutson said:

Ya adding a 4K fire stick for $50.00 seams like kind of a wast just to watch 1 app. Plus my TV is flush mounted to the wall so adding a fire stick would be a beast. but maybe if the price drops during black Friday I may get one. 

Did you pay for a subscription or just do the trial?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

32 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Did you pay for a subscription or just do the trial?

we are still on the Trial 

10 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

we are still on the Trial 

I would cancel before you're charged, unless you want to buy another playback device.

The cheapest way seems to be to add a roku stick, I see a few on sale for $30. Check if there is a port on the side where you can plug in the roku.  I can verified that it definitely works on Roku. I did encountered an issue where audio started stuttering. I get rid of it by changing the HDMI  setting in the roku to non-auto. You may not have the same issue.

Paul

I solved it I had to go through the apple TV app and not the Disney plus app to be able to push it to my TV while I wait for a stand alone app. 

I don't have apple tv, but how does it work? So Vizio has an apple tv app and within the apple tv app you add Disney+? I assume you need an apple tv subscription?

10 hours ago, Paul Siu said:

I don't have apple tv, but how does it work? So Vizio has an apple tv app and within the apple tv app you add Disney+? I assume you need an apple tv subscription?

I have an iphone  and one of the apps is the TV app I click on that then go down to the Disney+ tab  then it links the account from the app and then your able to use Apples AirPlay.  I didnt have to subscribe to anything more then Disney + to get this to work, though its kind of a stupid roundabout way to get it to work and I wish the Disney+ app would use Airplay  within the app without going through the Apple TV app.