In the Market for a more Quieter PC without the loss of Performance.

SamtheMan101

Hey everyone, it's been a while since my last PC built, but I've decided to hand down mine to my little brother.  In that case, I'm looking to build a much more quieter PC then before.The sound isn't completely bad, however not average, seeing as I rushed the components in my haste and inexperience. This time, I'm looking to get every dollar out of my build, and the details are below. Please throw at me the best of your knowledge of what I intend to use it for, however, priority number one is being more silent than what I currently listen to. Everything, which is my PC, Monitor, Peripherals, Speakers, all that shiz is going to my brother. Starting Fresh. 

Also, Black Friday / Christmas Deals / NYE Deals are welcome, Australia has hopped on-board these trains in the last few years, so us Aussies can finally see some potential low prices. 

Budget: Australian dollar $2500-$2800.  Without Windows 10 / Security software / Monitor / Peripherals / Speakers other MISC stuff. 

Main use: 90% heavily for gaming, especially in between semester breaks. I go for hours upon hours through my backlog to reduce stress from assignments and exams. Mostly multiplayer, single player stories (FPS/ RPG / Simulators)   + 10% Internet Browsing. (I have a dedicated Mac for my University work) 

Requirements: 

-Needs to handle average to high/extreme gaming potentiality. i.e. Graphics settings in-game, Quality, High FPS, handle single 1440p monitor or higher if possible (usually I play at 1080p but want to switch to higher resolutions). 

-Components need to efficiently work together for maximum bang for buck potential. I'm sure everyone in the forums is far more experienced when it comes to this, so please don't hesitate to recommend anything and everything. 

-Needs to overwhelmingly change the sound of the fans. I've become sick of throwing on headphones just to drown out the sounds of my PCs fans. 

-Components: CPU (future overclocking) MOBO (supports OC and Ram Upgrade ability/ Gigabit Ethernet / the usual stuff). GPU any size, make and model, as long as its not too loud, can be OC or factory OCed atleast. RAM (atleast 2400 or above). SSD for boot and necessary applications, (HDD for game storage). 2nd SSD for preferred games like Star Citizen etc. 

-RGB at like 75%? 

Case: Nothing too fancy, something that will help the build's potential. Atleast a see-through tempered glass or whatever fancy side-panels allow me to peek into my build. Great cable management would be a bonus. 

-Lastly, no custom water cooling. However, if its an easy-to-install custom water cooling for n00bz like me (if they exist), and can reduce fans or temps, I welcome it.  

I prefer PCPartsPicker, I can see prices and what shops have them for available, that way I can ship all the items to my doorstep. however other platforms within Australia welcomed.

Thanks, and please go nuts. 

Hello !

It should be silent with the 2x200mm fans but you can't have complete quiet with good airflow so this is a good compromise.

You can add a 2nd 1TB NVMe but one should be enough for W10 + some games.

You can downgrade to 16Gb of rams and get a 2080S instead for 2820AUD (this is another PCP  link).

6 hours ago, Plouffe said:

Hello !

It should be silent with the 2x200mm fans but you can't have complete quiet with good airflow so this is a good compromise.

You can add a 2nd 1TB NVMe but one should be enough for W10 + some games.

You can downgrade to 16Gb of rams and get a 2080S instead for 2820AUD (this is another PCP  link).

Ooh, I’m liking this a lot. Actually, I’ve never used Ryzen CPUs before, are there any major differences I should be aware of when OC or in general? Or can I switch it out for intel? 

Yes, In regards to the ram downgrade, I don’t think I’ve encountered any applications that have used more then 16gb of ddr4. (Currently mine are 16gb 2400mhz xmp A-B configuration) Ram is always upgradgeable, however GPU is much more fussy. 

is gold 550 actually okay? I know its gold but what about throttling temps and future oc? Would this hold up? 

Pretty solid build!

The list provided above is really good.

Personally i would save the money and grab an x470 motherboard instead and drop to 16gb of ram.

X570 is pretty pointless for most people imo. Esp if your mainly gaming.

10 hours ago, SamtheMan101 said:

Ooh, I’m liking this a lot. Actually, I’ve never used Ryzen CPUs before, are there any major differences I should be aware of when OC or in general? Or can I switch it out for intel? 

Yes, In regards to the ram downgrade, I don’t think I’ve encountered any applications that have used more then 16gb of ddr4. (Currently mine are 16gb 2400mhz xmp A-B configuration) Ram is always upgradgeable, however GPU is much more fussy. 

is gold 550 actually okay? I know its gold but what about throttling temps and future oc? Would this hold up? 

Pretty solid build!

The intel variant, it will be better but no possibility to upgrade.

Gold just mean the power efficiency, 550w will be enough too but you can up for 650w (I did in the build so you see the difference too).

14 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

The list provided above is really good.

Personally i would save the money and grab an x470 motherboard instead and drop to 16gb of ram.

X570 is pretty pointless for most people imo. Esp if your mainly gaming.

any major differences between the two variants?

5 hours ago, Plouffe said:

when you say no upgrade possibility, in what aspect? 

4 minutes ago, SamtheMan101 said:

when you say no upgrade possibility, in what aspect? 

That the next gen of Intel CPUs will require new mobos again, but the AM4 socket is so much more flexible

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | RAM: 2*16GB 3200MHz 14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver | SSD: 2TB Gigabyte Aorus Gen 4; 500GB Samsung 860 EVO | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Corsair Crystal 680X | Monitor: Eve Spectrum 4K | Keyboard: Logitech G513 Romer-G Tactile | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed

5 hours ago, SamtheMan101 said:

any major differences between the two variants?

Pci e 4.0. which for a gaming build wont mean anything to most users.

Hey everyone! sorry for the late reply. Christmas shifts have me bummed out. Thanks @RonnieOP @agent2 @Plouffe in no order. I've decided to go with Ryzen for two reasons. Firstly, my past 3 builds have been mostly Intel related, so moving a new platform is a fresh face I'd like to experience. Secondly, It was mentioned that Intel doesn't cater that well for upgradeabale components in the future, this isn't a deal breaking, but I'm swinging more heavily towards AMD processors for the OC capabilities and MOBO. Only things I will be changing are the ram brands, something corsair etc. and the 1tb nvme ssd for storage to a samsung if its compatible which i will also double check all components compatability before ordering. Thanks guys, looking forward to this build and to share it here when I get free from work! 

5 minutes ago, SamtheMan101 said:

Hey everyone! sorry for the late reply. Christmas shifts have me bummed out. Thanks @RonnieOP @agent2 @Plouffe in no order. I've decided to go with Ryzen for two reasons. Firstly, my past 3 builds have been mostly Intel related, so moving a new platform is a fresh face I'd like to experience. Secondly, It was mentioned that Intel doesn't cater that well for upgradeabale components in the future, this isn't a deal breaking, but I'm swinging more heavily towards AMD processors for the OC capabilities and MOBO. Only things I will be changing are the ram brands, something corsair etc. and the 1tb nvme ssd for storage to a samsung if its compatible which i will also double check all components compatability before ordering. Thanks guys, looking forward to this build and to share it here when I get free from work! 

Good :) 

Just keep in mind that Samsung SSD are overpriced (i learned it the hard way), the MP510 or HP 920EX could be good alternative for the same performance and less money.