No power

Wtf-glitch

So I am building a computer and I’m have all the cables plugged in at first I was getting no video signal so I took out my graphics card and still nothing now my system won’t power on yet my mother board still lights up and I’m so confused like I can tell I’m getting power to my mother board my parts will be listed below I very much appreciate the help and advice and ways to test this issue

mother board: ASUS rog b450 

cpu : ryzen 7 

power supply: thermal lake 700watt

Graphic card: geoforce 1650

hdd: 2 tb sea gate and a 256 ssd

case: GOLDEN FIELD Z3

6 minutes ago, Wtf-glitch said:

If your R7 is a Zen 2 (3xxx serie) then you probably need a bios update first with your motherboard.

21 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

If your R7 is a Zen 2 (3xxx serie) then you probably need a bios update first with your motherboard.

That’s the thing I can’t update bios cause I only have 1 cpu and can’t open my bios also it is a ryzen 7 2700

- As said above. If you're using Ryzen 3xxx, it might need a BIOS update. Check the mobo box if it has a "Ryzen 3000 ready" sticker. (if your CPU is Ryzen 3000).

- Ryzen (other than the G CPU's) CPU's do not have integrated graphics, so you can't get video from that. Only from the GPU

- Can you describe exactly what happens?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

When i built my first pc i got so excited, i turned on the power supply. But it didnt work. I forgot to press the power button!!!! are you forgetting to click that button out of excitement too perhaps?

Yes, @minibois is right and I forgot, you can't have a video signal using a 2700, though the motherboard is already updated. Did you plug the HDMI/VGA/DVI/whatever to the GPU or the motherboard ? If so, put the GPU back and connect the monitor to one of the GPU port and not the motherboard.

11 minutes ago, Wtf-glitch said:

That’s the thing I can’t update bios cause I only have 1 cpu and can’t open my bios also it is a ryzen 7 2700

No BIOS update needed with that CPU.

Please check by the way if all cables are plugged in correctly. You can try booting with only one sick of RAM too, on top of what I suggested earlier.

12 minutes ago, minibois said:

- As said above. If you're using Ryzen 3xxx, it might need a BIOS update. Check the mobo box if it has a "Ryzen 3000 ready" sticker. (if your CPU is Ryzen 3000).

- Ryzen (other than the G CPU's) CPU's do not have integrated graphics, so you can't get video from that. Only from the GPU

- Can you describe exactly what happens?

10 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

When i built my first pc i got so excited, i turned on the power supply. But it didnt work. I forgot to press the power button!!!! are you forgetting to click that button out of excitement too perhaps?

OP mentions light are turning on, so that might not be the issue... Although that can often be an issue.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

No BIOS update needed with that CPU.

Please check by the way if all cables are plugged in correctly. You can try booting with only one sick of RAM too, on top of what I suggested earlier.

OP mentions light are turning on, so that might not be the issue... Although that can often be an issue.

Lights do turn on, even if you dont power it on, i have a constant orange light even when my pc is off. 

7 minutes ago, GenericFanboy said:

Lights do turn on, even if you dont power it on, i have a constant orange light even when my pc is off. 

Even when the PSU is turned off like you suggested? o.O

Well no. with the psu the light is off. (but could change that with a simple battery and a different light ;))