is i5-9600k worth it

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Quietly inflating the price to make your arguement better is neither candid nor sincere.  I'm well aware of the definition of the word disingenuous, and used it for a reason

Edit:

Another example is the use of a $35 cooler in the second intel example provided.  This is unnecessary, and drives the cost up - once again favoring a bias instead of objectively providing a useful price comparison 

That doesn't mean you are correct. You simply disagree. That's all there is to it.

It would be disingenuous to make a list for a 9600k and not allow for overclocking, because he knows it's not worth it

It would be disingenuous if he listed some off the wall expensive parts for a cooler or motherboard, because he knows it's not worth it.

We are taking a hyper 212, the most well known economy air coolers for the past decade, and a modest z390.

It is also not crazy to include cheap air cooler for a locked Intel chip, as their oem coolers are trash. I'm aware it can cool a 9500f, but it's very loud. It's not unreasonable at all. I have a secondary system with an 8700. It uses a cheap $30 air cooler. It's not weird. I am a proponent of this and I think it's worth it.

You are being incredibly hyperbolic, and seemingly it is you who is being biased.

And bro, I'm an Intel guy, and feel right now Intel isn't worth it for all the reasons @Fasauceome already listed very articulately.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

7 hours ago, Plutosaurus said:

That doesn't mean you are correct. You simply disagree. That's all there is to it.

It would be disingenuous to make a list for a 9600k and not allow for overclocking, because he knows it's not worth it

It would be disingenuous if he listed some off the wall expensive parts for a cooler or motherboard, because he knows it's not worth it.

We are taking a hyper 212, the most well known economy air coolers for the past decade, and a modest z390.

It is also not crazy to include cheap air cooler for a locked Intel chip, as their oem coolers are trash. I'm aware it can cool a 9500f, but it's very loud. It's not unreasonable at all. I have a secondary system with an 8700. It uses a cheap $30 air cooler. It's not weird. I am a proponent of this and I think it's worth it.

You are being incredibly hyperbolic, and seemingly it is you who is being biased.

And bro, I'm an Intel guy, and feel right now Intel isn't worth it for all the reasons @Fasauceome already listed very articulately.

The 212 sucks for value btw, that's what I was hitting at.  You can get a performance equivalent for 25 AUD right now.  The cooler included with the 9500f could've been half the price with no issues as well

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

25 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The 212 sucks for value btw, that's what I was hitting at.  You can get a performance equivalent for 25 AUD right now.  The cooler included with the 9500f could've been half the price with no issues as well

That's fine, and it's perfectly reasonable to budget for no aftermarket cooler or any notable economy cooler as well.

I hear great things about that Snowman cooler, but the 212 is a very well known and available unit as well, overpriced as it may be.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

15 hours ago, Damascus said:

maybe chop $50 off the mobo by getting z370 or b360(5) and all of a sudden the prices aren't massively different.

The way you interpret the prices seems to be far more sensitive than that of OP.  If they had come back and said "wow look how expensive Intel is what a ripoff" you'd have something here. 

As it stands you made your point known and there really are at most, 1-2 boards in AUD pricing anywhere near $50 cheaper than the board they picked, it was not a super frills board with lots of bling (ASUS ROG looking at you!).

20 hours ago, Vader987878 said:

Im building a gaming rig and wondering if i should get this cpu or another, im going to be streaming the game rust. i am also wondering if i should wait a little bit to get a gpu because of prices

Ignoring the AMD people taking potshots at Intel, I would avoid any processor that does not have hyperthreading except for the 9700K.  HT extends the life of CPU's.  It's why the i7 2600k was viable for so long when people with i5 2500k's were complaining about low FPS and stuttering issues back around 2016.  The real unresolved debate is 8700k vs 9700k, since the 8086k was a limited production run (like the 9900KS is).  I would take an 8700k (and delid it) 100% of the time over a 9600k.