What NAS would you choose?

zacfaulkner

I have done some research, but I want an opinion of someone who has uses a NAS, or someone more experienced.

I need some advice, I am looking at the:

Asustor AS-204TE 4 Bay NAS

and the
QNAP TS-420 4 Bay Turbo NAS

I like the style of the QNAP one, however I am not sure if it is capable of streaming media to multiple devices, at 720 or 1080p.
I know the Asustor one can stream media at 1080p, but I don't see much about streaming media wirelessly.

I want to know what will suit my needs, of these two (for expenditure reasons.)

Here is the run-down of what I need:
4 Bays
RAID support for 4 drives
Media streaming - HD streaming

Backup on a schedule

Android/iOS/windows app if possible in the price range

Any other opinions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K,   CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i,   Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55,   LED Lighting: NZXT Hue RGB LED,   GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX780 3GB,

Storage: Samsung EVO 250GB (OS), 2TB Seagate, 3TB Seagate,   Case: Corsair 750D,   Monitors: ASUS PB287Q 4K and 42" LG IPS TV,   PSU: Corsair HX650 V2,

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (MX Brown),   Mouse: Logitech M950T,   Headphones: Audio Technica ATH PRO700MK2,   Speakers: Logitech Z906,   Phone: Google Nexus 5,   Tablet: Google Nexus 9

IMO, I would build it myself. Ready-made NAS boxes seem overpriced considering their lack of versatility.

Though the QNAP seems better on paper, at a glance.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have got a DLINK DNS-320, it is great and powerconsumption is very low, noise is okay, when the fan starts spinning it gets kinda annoying.

Media streaming works fine even with this nas, so you should be fine with either of those.

IMO, I would build it myself. Ready-made NAS boxes seem overpriced considering their lack of versatility.

Though the QNAP seems better on paper, at a glance.

Yes they are overpiriced, but they easy to use, and consume less power, most time.

If You are willing to pay that much and you just want it to work out of the box, take a nas.

Else Build your own home server.

i am not a native speaker of the english language

[spoiler=My Rig: ]CPU: i7-3770k@Stock | Ram: 3x4GB@1600Mhz | Graka: 660TI@Stock | Storage: 250GB 840Evo, 1x1TB,2x2TB,2x640GB,1x500GB (JBOD) + NAS: DLINK DNS-320 2x3TB Raid1