Bottlenecking question

DrCanada

Hi everybody!

I have built my first pc not so long ago and i have been experiencing weird slowdowns in COD:MW cinematics where fps get really low and sound gets very choppy(i hear kind of pauses in between sound and it is not synced with the image). I wonder if it is the fact that my monitor is only 60hz or maybe that pairing a Ryzen 5 2600 with an RTX 2060 SUPER caused bottleneching. Also, I am wondering if upraging my wifi adapter(wireless) will make me get faster internet speed in multiplayer games.

A confused first time builder 

do you only see low FPS cinematics? 

17 minutes ago, DrCanada said:

, I am wondering if upraging my wifi adapter

what is your current adapter? I had to upgrade my wifi when I got fibre installed.

The bare hardware shouldn’t be an issue at all.  That’s a good bit faster than my rig.  There could be software issues like drivers causing internal slowdowns, and wifi is radio.  Interference, competing antennas, etc..  IF it’s WiFi forcing a channel switch sometimes helps.  It doesn’t sound like WiFi though because cinematically should be pre loaded in your machine.

there is also storage.  A dying mechanical HD?  Unlikely.  They usually go all at once.

A background app using insane amounts of CPU?  Your machine should be able to play a cinematic with all but one of its many threads tied behind its back.  Better chance than a failing HD, but still not high.

i think the highest likelihood is install weirdness.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The bare hardware shouldn’t be an issue at all.  That’s a good bit faster than my rig.  There could be software issues like drivers causing internal slowdowns, and wifi is radio.  Interference, competing antennas, etc..  IF it’s WiFi forcing a channel switch sometimes helps.  It doesn’t sound like WiFi though because cinematically should be pre loaded in your machine.

there is also storage.  A dying mechanical HD?  Unlikely.  They usually go all at once.

A background app using insane amounts of CPU?  Your machine should be able to play a cinematic with all but one of its many threads tied behind its back.  Better chance than a failing HD, but still not high.

i think the highest likelihood is install weirdness.

Define “install weirdness”

19 minutes ago, Bacon soup said:

do you only see low FPS cinematics? 

what is your current adapter? I had to upgrade my wifi when I got fibre installed.

I have a brostrend ac1200(the one with the 2 antennas)

and I only have low FPS in cinematics and weirdly sometimes when I load into a game.

6 minutes ago, DrCanada said:

Define “install weirdness”

That gets complicated.  Wrong driver, right driver on top of improperly removed old driver, conflicting driver still loaded, a windows setting, a windows problem, the list goes on.  Hence the vague term.  WiFi would not be the first place I’d look though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, DrCanada said:

I have a brostrend ac1200(the one with the 2 antennas)

and I only have low FPS in cinematics and weirdly sometimes when I load into a game.

Yeah, a WiFi problem would be when playing the game, but not at those times.  Kinda specifically, unless for some reason the game holds it cinematics on the game server, which would be weird.  If it pause loading a multiplayer field, or if there were problems with lag in the game that would be a different thing.

17 hours ago, DrCanada said:

Hi everybody!

I have built my first pc not so long ago and i have been experiencing weird slowdowns in COD:MW cinematics where fps get really low and sound gets very choppy(i hear kind of pauses in between sound and it is not synced with the image). I wonder if it is the fact that my monitor is only 60hz or maybe that pairing a Ryzen 5 2600 with an RTX 2060 SUPER caused bottleneching. Also, I am wondering if upraging my wifi adapter(wireless) will make me get faster internet speed in multiplayer games.

A confused first time builder 

Your cpu and gpu are balanced, the problem is elsewhere.

If I had to guess based on your complaints, it's your internet,as I highly doubt a new cpu and gpu would cause weird issues like that.

If you want, you can try to DDU and reinstall drivers, just in case

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

7 minutes ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

Your cpu and gpu are balanced, the problem is elsewhere.

If I had to guess based on your complaints, it's your internet,as I highly doubt a new cpu and gpu would cause weird issues like that.

If you want, you can try to DDU and reinstall drivers, just in case

They’re not just balanced, they’re reasonably powerful.  The question becomes what is the data source during these slowdowns?  They don’t seem to happen all the time.  If data is coming from the internet, or if the game is prepping other stuff while that particular thing is happening AND internet pauses affect that feature then internet speed is a potential issue. COD will be accessing something during these points.  The question is what?

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

They’re not just balanced, they’re reasonably powerful.  The question becomes what is the data source during these slowdowns?  They don’t seem to happen all the time.  If data is coming from the internet, or if the game is prepping other stuff while that particular thing is happening AND internet pauses affect that feature then internet speed is a potential issue. COD will be accessing something during these points.  The question is what?

Mmm, OP may want to disable background apps.

Aaand its 1 am

I'm a no life

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Hello, could you list your specs. I'm interested? Do you have an Asus motherboard?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Hello, could you list your specs. I'm interested? Do you have an Asus motherboard?

My specs are: Ryzen 5 2600(@3.9Ghz), Zotac RTX 2060 SUPER Mini, Asrock B450M Pro 4(mobo), Kingston A400 240gb(ssd), Gamdias Astrape M1(psu),Cooler Master Masterbox Q300L(case), Team Vulcan 3000Mhz 16gb(ram), Wraith Stealth Cooler

20 minutes ago, DrCanada said:

Kingston A400 240gb(ssd)

Are you playing the game off that drive?

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

23 minutes ago, DrCanada said:

My specs are: Ryzen 5 2600(@3.9Ghz), Zotac RTX 2060 SUPER Mini, Asrock B450M Pro 4(mobo), Kingston A400 240gb(ssd), Gamdias Astrape M1(psu),Cooler Master Masterbox Q300L(case), Team Vulcan 3000Mhz 16gb(ram), Wraith Stealth Cooler

Alright. So you get low FPS only in cinematics. A google search reveal this is a known issue with Modern Warfare. Here's a fix someone posted: https://www.epinionated.net/how-to-fix-modern-warfare-cutscene-lag/

Someone also mentions that enabling v-sync fix it...

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

14 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright. So you get low FPS only in cinematics. A google search reveal this is a known issue with Modern Warfare. Here's a fix someone posted: https://www.epinionated.net/how-to-fix-modern-warfare-cutscene-lag/

Someone also mentions that enabling v-sync fix it...

Dr nick ftw looks like.  No date on the post I could find, but there is a reply dated nov 10, so it looks like it’s recent

11 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Are you playing the game off that drive?

Yes

23 hours ago, DrCanada said:

Try setting your cpu to stock

2 hours ago, ImAyaanKhan said:

Try setting your cpu to stock

Alright

Thanks everybody for your help it’s fixed now thanks a lot for the fast response and quality feedback!

On 11/12/2019 at 7:27 PM, DrCanada said:

Thanks everybody for your help it’s fixed now thanks a lot for the fast response and quality feedback!

No problem!