Gpu and cpu

Hello,will my i7 7700 bottleneck my gpu 1070 ti with 16 gb ram 3000mhz,and it is worth upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 with rx 5700 xt or stay on my current build?I use page bottleneck calculator and thet say is 14% bottleneck on i7 7700 with 1070 ti,is that much?

The 7700 is still a very powerful gaming CPU, don't worry about it being underpowered for games. Also, the 5700 XT isn't better than the 1070 ti, it's about the same.

Ignore bottleneck calculator, it's useless.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Bottleneck calculator is hard BS! There are to Manny factors in there to properly calculate anything about this.

Short answer: It wont and that's a pretty nice match. Although a R5 3600 will be faster especially multithreaded work. But this depends on your workload.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

17 minutes ago, Shiogama said:

bottleneck calculator and thet say is 14% bottleneck on i7 7700 with 1070 ti,is that much?

You should be looking at the games and things you actually do with your computer, and not letting a website tell you to spend money just because the parts aren't brand-new.

If your games weren't running right, you might have something.  But you should care about actual performance 1st, and theoretical bottlenecks never.

1 hour ago, Metallus97 said:

Bottleneck calculator is hard BS! There are to Manny factors in there to properly calculate anything about this.

Yeah like RGB. Many people ignore this but not having RGB will bottleneck all your other components at the circuit level.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 hour ago, wasab said:

Yeah like RGB. Many people ignore this but not having RGB will bottleneck all your other components at the circuit level.

other way around, rgb will bottleneck your system because it needs power, taking away power from the cpu and gpu and ram and vrms

1 hour ago, amdorintel said:

other way around, rgb will bottleneck your system because it needs power, taking away power from the cpu and gpu and ram and vrms

Not if you go with Blue RGB fans.  Back in the day when you had to pick a fan color before you had addressable RGB, the general agreement based on the LED-color chosen for fans and build-theme was that:

Red = more overclocking, but it would run hotter.  Not advised for FX 9590 + R 290x or you'd have a volcano.  Ideal for liquid cooled CPU/GPU.

Green = more power efficient, made your build use less power, fans quiet down, easier on your PSU (lawl)

Blue = build runs cooler, more overhead for thermals, and CPU cooler works better

6 hours ago, Shiogama said:

Hello,will my i7 7700 bottleneck my gpu 1070 ti with 16 gb ram 3000mhz

It obviously depends on what game / workload you’re looking at. I’m currently running a 3770k @4.5ghz with DDR3 1600 paired with a 2060 super and yet I don’t see a major CPU bottleneck while playing modern warfare at 1440p ~120 FPS. Both my CPU and GPU on that game are pinned at 100% with most settings on high. That’s just one example and doesn’t necessarily scale with other games or configs. 

So just experiment with your build before upgrading and buy new hardware because you want to and not because someone on the internet told you to!

Still rocking that i7-3770k