future upgrade recommendations.

hi guy this is my current PC that i have for a few years now, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Lol_SomeoneActually/saved/

i would like to upgrade to a ryzen 3900 or 3950. i would most likely use the same stuff i have, i know i need a new Motherboard ram and cooler or i could use stalk cooler. and later i would upgrade gpu. any recommendations?

Do you actually need the 3900, or especially the 3950?
The latter is exceedingly expensive, and few people actually need it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

i would like to be able to stream and play titles at 1080 with no problems or dropped frames, i could just axe my build and go full threadripper ;)

1 hour ago, Lol_Someoneactually said:

i would like to be able to stream and play titles at 1080 with no problems or dropped frames, i could just axe my build and go full threadripper ;)

You definitely don't need a 16 core CPU to do this.

Anyway, I'd look into changing the CPU, motherboard, and RAM.

An 8 core CPU like a Ryzen 7 3700X will work fine, here, or you can even get a Ryzen 9 3900X as it has more cores. If money is no object, you can also get an Intel Core i9-9900K and buy an NH-D15 cooler, and that'll stream/game as well.

No matter what you choose, you'll want faster RAM. 2133 MHz isn't going to do anything except hold your PC's performance back, and this is regardless of if you use Intel or AMD. I'd get at least 3000 MHz or 3200 MHz if you're okay spending a little more. You can overclock instead, too.

You can keep using that case. You can even keep using the same SSD and hard drive, but note that if you keep doing this for every new build you get, they will eventually wear out. Most new motherboards support NVMe M.2 drives.

For 1080p, the graphics card is fine, though if you want to replace that, some good upgrades to consider are the RX 5700 or GTX 2060 Super. You can use GPU encoding, too, if you want.

You can keep using that PSU, but if you're getting a 12+ core Ryzen CPU or an Intel Core i9-9900K as well as a more powerful GPU, I'd maybe consider swapping the PSU out for a better quality PSU, too. The one you have won't blow up on you, but I probably wouldn't hold onto it.

For the best 1080p gaming & streaming performance, you can use a dedicated streaming PC with a capture card, as this will completely take the load off of your gaming PC. You can reuse the 6600K, motherboard, RAM, cooler, and PSU for this if you want, but note that you will need to buy another SSD to hold the OS and, if you want to use Windows to stream, another copy of Windows. That said, the 6600K isn't the world's greatest encoder if you want to also stream at 1080p, so if you did actually go this route, I'd maybe later consider getting a 6C/12T Ryzen 5 CPU; a Ryzen 5 1600 costs only $99 on Amazon, and you can get a B450 board for around $80.

2 hours ago, Lol_Someoneactually said:

hi guy this is my current PC that i have for a few years now, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Lol_SomeoneActually/saved/

i would like to upgrade to a ryzen 3900 or 3950. i would most likely use the same stuff i have, i know i need a new Motherboard ram and cooler or i could use stalk cooler. and later i would upgrade gpu. any recommendations?

@Kavawuvi covered most of it. You don't need a 3950X, and you could probably use NVENC to stream anyway with a most setups.

As a note, even on a Z190, you could grab a Black Friday set of 3200 to 3600 memory and actually get a performance upgrade on your current system.