I did a huge mistake (a320 ryzen 2700)

So, here is the point. I was a dumbass noob when started reading and studying about my new PC build. And now, i screwed up very hard... I didnt new about the vrm on the motherboard, but when i discovered it, i freaked out as much as you did when read the topic title. So, I ordered an MSI A320m-a pro (legit the cheapest am4 in Saw) but didnt found any comparison with that motherboard and 2700. With the 5 2600, i think it handles but with 2700x, we could do a barbecue on that board. Both 2600 and 2700 only need 65 w and 2700x needs 105w but 2700 has 2 more cores then 2600. Do you think it handles, or do I have to buy a new One? If so, which One do you recommend for a thight bugget?

I wont be playing any super heavy game with it, like csgo.

1 minute ago, yaboistar said:

if you're on a tight budget and you want a board that doesn't have the VRM thermal profile of a acetylene torch

b450m ds3h. it's not the best, but, the VRM's have a heatsink at least and you get 2 extra phases to spread the power draw from that cpu over

Agreed.

also send back that A320 board - if it fits your budget see if you can get ahold of a MSI tomahawk or GPc

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

15 minutes ago, PedroGaspar said:

A320m-a pro

This motherboard should have a configurable TDP option in the UEFI. You can manually set it to a lower value, which will clock your CPU somewhat lower, but will decrease the heat output of the VRM. You could also manually downclock and downvolt your CPU.

This is if you have no option to send the board back and don't want to spend any more money.

19 minutes ago, PedroGaspar said:

Both 2600 and 2700 only need 65 w and 2700x needs 105w

this is so wrong lol

19 minutes ago, PedroGaspar said:

the cheapest am4

not a good idea, especially when you have the money to buy 2700

hope this guide helps

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1046357-motherboard-tier-list-x570-update/

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, 1van said:

This motherboard should have a configurable TDP option in the UEFI. You can manually set it to a lower value, which will clock your CPU somewhat lower, but will decrease the heat output of the VRM. You could also manually downclock and downvolt your CPU.

This is if you have no option to send the board back and don't want to spend any more money.

Ok, but that Will downgrade the performance right?

4 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Agreed.

also send back that A320 board - if it fits your budget see if you can get ahold of a MSI tomahawk or GPc

I already took a look at that board. It was looking for something cheaper.

1 minute ago, PedroGaspar said:

Yes, it will, unless you have a good chip which will sustain the same clocks at a lower voltage.

I'd check the performance before and after in some kind of benchmark to see if the drop is critical.

Just now, 1van said:

Yes, it will, unless you have a good chip which will sustain the same clocks at a lower voltage.

I'd check the performance before and after in some kind of benchmark to see if the drop is critical.

By chip, you meant CPU?

41 minutes ago, 1van said:

How can i do it?

2 minutes ago, PedroGaspar said:

How can i do it?

Please look it up online and in your motherboard's manual, I'm not sure where this setting is located. It's called cTDP or something similar.

Try googling something like "undervolting ryzen" etc. You'll have to put at least some work, it is not something unusual or overly complicated?

1 minute ago, 1van said:

Please look it up online and in your motherboard's manual, I'm not sure where this setting is located. It's called cTDP or something similar.

Try googling something like "undervolting ryzen" etc. You'll have to put at least some work, it is not something unusual or overly complicated?

Got it thanks

48 minutes ago, PedroGaspar said:

I already took a look at that board. It was looking for something cheaper.

So why are you then going with a 2700?

go with something cheaper like 2600, and with the monies saved, but a better B450 board. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So why are you then going with a 2700?

go with something cheaper like 2600, and with the monies saved, but a better B450 board. 

Because it was really cheap and fit in the bugget