What driver should i install after installing windows.

arnekick

Hi first time building a pc.

I just got eeverything up and running and i am about to install windows 10 on it.

When windows is installed what driver should i install besides the nvidea driver for my GPU.

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, arnekick said:

I just got eeverything up and running and i am about to install windows 10 on it.

When windows is installed what driver should i install besides the nvidea driver for my GPU.

Thanks in advance

Well Winblows 10 will put a old old version of nVidia display driver.  After your Windows installation is done use DDU" Display Driver Unisntaller and clean and restart and back into normal mode now install the 441.xx drivers and things should sort out for you big time.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Well Winblows 10 will put a old old version of nVidia display driver.  After your Windows installation is done use DDU" Display Driver Unisntaller and clean and restart and back into normal mode now install the 441.xx drivers and things should sort out for you big time.

Ok also how can i update my bios to the latest version? before i install windows

Just now, arnekick said:

Ok also how can i update my bios to the latest version? before i install windows

Do you have a reason to update BIOS ?  What do you want to get out of doing it.  I urge you not to do it and you can crap out your system and feel like sh*T on why you did it.  Unless there is a problem don't do BIOS upgrades... Once again if its life and death then do the BIOS update but if nothing is wrong with your sytsem why risk it ya know.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

4 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Do you have a reason to update BIOS ?  What do you want to get out of doing it.  I urge you not to do it and you can crap out your system and feel like sh*T on why you did it.  Unless there is a problem don't do BIOS upgrades... Once again if its life and death then do the BIOS update but if nothing is wrong with your sytsem why risk it ya know.

Ok i wont do it then

Other than your graphics driver, you also need to install the chipset and onboard audio drivers. You get them both on the website of your motherboard.

Win10 will install most of the newest drivers. If you are experiencing issues or if something is missing, you can find latest drivers from manufacturers support page for the component or peripheral.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/8/2019 at 5:32 PM, arnekick said:

Thanks in advance

Windows will get you all the drivers you need, unless the hardware manufcature refuses to distribute their drivers to Microsoft. Most do, but select few, like Creative Labs, don't. You can checkout Device Manager to see what is missing. You'll have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on the item that is missing drivers. You'll see the term "Generic" used for drivers that Windows is using the OS generic drivers instead of the official one. Those you may want to update to enjoy full functionality or performance if it not doing so already.

Normally, the driver distributed are the latest version, with the exception of Graphics Cards which constantly gets updated as new big title games comes out. Microsoft does a validation on drivers, so there is a delay between the latest one and the one provide to you by Windows Update. If you want the latest drivers Nvidia/AMD, just go on Nvidia or AMD website and get the latest drivers there. There is nothing you need to do prior, just install them. I suggest to pick Advance, and only select what driver/software you need/care, and skip the rest to keep a clean system (for example: GeForce Experience you can skip, Nvidiai 3D Vision you can skip if you don't have the age old 3D glasses from Nvidia, and so on. Do pick the audio drivers of your Graphics card however).

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Windows will get you all the drivers you need, unless the hardware manufcature refuses to distribute their drivers to Microsoft. Most do, but select few, like Creative Labs, don't. You can checkout Device Manager to see what is missing. You'll have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on the item that is missing drivers. You'll see the term "Generic" used for drivers that Windows is using the OS generic drivers instead of the official one. Those you may want to update to enjoy full functionality or performance if it not doing so already.

Normally, the driver distributed are the latest version, with the exception of Graphics Cards which constantly gets updated as new big title games comes out. Microsoft does a validation on drivers, so there is a delay between the latest one and the one provide to you by Windows Update. If you want the latest drivers Nvidia/AMD, just go on Nvidia or AMD website and get the latest drivers there. 

Thanks for the info but i am havinf other problems atm @LogicalDrm is looking at them aswell maybe you can give ur insight

2 minutes ago, arnekick said:

Thanks for the info but i am havinf other problems atm @LogicalDrm is looking at them aswell maybe you can give ur insight

What is you issue do you have? -- Edit: Nvm found the thread.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

What is you issue do you have? -- Edit: Nvm found the thread.

The one where i posted my BSOD codes? thats the one i currently want to solve