Warning to Asus X570 owners, AGESA 1.0.0.4 has almost killed my PC!!!

Update to the latest 1405 bios, no issues at all for me.

Ryzen 9 3900x

Asus X570 tuf gaming wifi

32gb trident z 3600mhz

Ran a cinebench after, gained 50pts

Rig 1                                                              Rig 2

DeepCool Macube 550                                  ThermalTake View 31 TG RGB

DeepCool Castle 360mm AIO RGB               FractalDesign Celsius S36 360mm AIO

R9-3900x oc'ed to 4.3ghz all core                  i7-970 oc'ed to 4.4ghz

ASUS X570 TUF                                            ASUS Sabertooth TUF X58

32GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB                            12gb Corsair

Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC                      ASUS ROG STRIX RX480

Corsair RM850X                                            Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 750W RGB

Corsair MP600 NVME                                    Samsung 850 EVO

Adata SX8200 PRO NVME                            Intel 320

Seagate Barracuda                                        Seagate Barracuda x 3

Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue                          Western Digital Black x 1
Logitech G903 Lightspeed                             Corsair K70 LUX w/MX Blue 

MSI Optix 34" Ultrawide oc'ed to 120hz         Razer Mamba

Benq 28" oc'ed to 85hz

4 hours ago, NubCak said:

Update to the latest 1405 bios, no issues at all for me.

Ryzen 9 3900x

Asus X570 tuf gaming wifi

32gb trident z 3600mhz

Ran a cinebench after, gained 50pts

Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me, I'm waiting on ASUS to try again. It seems it's 50/50 with people who had issues on previous 14xx builds if 1405 fixes it though, so they are at least attempting to unbreak things. This feels like it was rushed to get the new AGESA version out before the holidays so when people were buying parts they'd run and get the one that was supposed to boot 20 seconds faster or whatever.

More than likely Asus needs to do something here, as this thread is all Asus, and me on Gigabyte am having no problems with 1.0.0.4, and multiple friends who have upgraded to x570 recently do not have this problem either, none on Asus however.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I had this same issue with my ASUS Crosshair VIII Formula mobo and I was thinking it was an issue with ASUS and their hardware/software being awful. Not only did it take a very long time for me to POST, but about 10 minutes for Windows to get fully booted up with no freezing and even then, I discovered that many of the services that were supposed to start on bootup would not be active. Turned out that the issue was that I had a Datapath VisionRGB E1S card installed. It worked fine before AGESA 1.0.04b, but has been borked ever since. As soon as I removed the card, everything worked perfectly. This is after I also completely wiped my system drive twice in an attempt to fix this the symptoms caused by this as well as trying not using my M.2 NVME SSDs in RAID 0 for my boot drive and instead as their own separate volumes. I had also upgraded to the very recent "1201" BIOS which apparently had some bugfixes but is still using AGESA 1.0.0.4b and thus, still had the same issue. But now that I've pulled the card, it works great. Just wish I could use that card. I was about ready to trash my ASUS mobo and AIO cooler and swear off the company for good, but it seems that AMD is the problem here.

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, Polyh3dron said:

I had this same issue with my ASUS Crosshair VIII Formula mobo and I was thinking it was an issue with ASUS and their hardware/software being awful. Not only did it take a very long time for me to POST, but about 10 minutes for Windows to get fully booted up with no freezing and even then, I discovered that many of the services that were supposed to start on bootup would not be active. Turned out that the issue was that I had a Datapath VisionRGB E1S card installed. It worked fine before AGESA 1.0.04b, but has been borked ever since. As soon as I removed the card, everything worked perfectly. This is after I also completely wiped my system drive twice in an attempt to fix this the symptoms caused by this as well as trying not using my M.2 NVME SSDs in RAID 0 for my boot drive and instead as their own separate volumes. I had also upgraded to the very recent "1201" BIOS which apparently had some bugfixes but is still using AGESA 1.0.0.4b and thus, still had the same issue. But now that I've pulled the card, it works great. Just wish I could use that card. I was about ready to trash my ASUS mobo and AIO cooler and swear off the company for good, but it seems that AMD is the problem here.

interesting that you're saying the issue is with AMD. I have had this issue amd have swapped the Asus x570 board over for an Asrock, in hope all will work. What makes you conclude that it's AMD that is the problem, as when the bios is updated it breaks old PCIe devices?

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve had a nightmare this week with my setup. All system posted ok, started doing updates, everything went fine. Installed driver update from ASUs for my 5700XT then BSOD. Turned out it was the riser cable from ASUS not being pcie4 compatible so I need to change to pcie 3.0 in the Bios, I’m concerned that my current bios doesn’t have this option at the moment, presumably if I update my bios I will get this option but having read the issues everyone else has had here is it worth the risk. Are people still having issues like everyone else here. My specs:

ASUS x570-F gaming, ASUS rog strix 5700XT, AMD 3800X and all the usual trimmings. 

Has anyone heard of any upcoming pcie 4 riser cable? 

BDE9FA06-7AB8-4ADF-8E00-91675512C0E6.jpeg