Beats X mod for IEMs

Mr.Pug

Recently i have been looking for a wireless solution for my BGVP DM6 IEMs because id like to be able to go out in public and still have portable great sounding audio. But i don't currently own a portable audio player i just use my IPhone Xs which with the annoying dongle works but gets to become a nuisance when it gets caught on things, so i search the internet far and wide for a solution that would not only give me a good amount of play time and easiest to use when i had almost given up and just bought airpods pro i found it a secret reddit thread deep in the bowels of R/headphones of a guy who managed to modify a pair of Beats Xs and attach MMCX connectors to them and i thought it was brilliant since i had an Iphone and it was my major use case Codec support wasnt a huge requirement since they dont have aptx hd support so i reached out to a company in singapore who apparently specialize in this sort of modification to see if i could order a pair and low and behold they still offer the service so i ordered a pair and am currently waiting on it so i can give my verdict of the result. I link the Reddit thread below as well as a few photos of some others who have modified their beats Xs on various forums. 

6A0AFA57-5024-44CD-9042-C988A507116E.jpeg

PdC6t5c.jpg

I use a fiio ubtr anbd plug that into my Ieams and shove the cable down my shirt so things dont get caught on it but I use a one plyus 6t which supports pretty much all audio codecs bluetooth wise so I had not issues in that front its pretty interesting basically this but for apple so it supports AAC properly

https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Bluetooth-Lightweight-Headphone-Replacement/dp/B07D8J8CJ9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fiio+mmcx+cable+bluetooth&qid=1573273343&sr=8-1