Need help choosing memory

Hi all,

I am very confused. I am looking at the MSI QVL for the board I am thinking of buying to find out which memory would go well with it.

The board is the B450 Gaming plus Max (QVL: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX#support-mem-19).

I'm not sure I understand what the 1|2|4 Dimm stands for, does it mean if it only is checked for 1 and 2 Dimms that it won't work (at the reported speed) with 4 Dimms? I want to start of with 16GBs and then expand to 32 if needed (Blender and gaming, possible Unity)

Also I am now looking at this GSkill Aegis set since it's relatively cheap, it's present in the QVL and, if I do understand the check-marks correctly, can be used with 4 modules. Is it worth spending about 25 euros more on 3200MHz RAM?

Will be using it with a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace a 1231V3 with 16GB DDR3@1600MHz.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

that's the bigger version of the mobo i have.

i use gskill ripjaws with mine but since yours has 4 ram slots you can easily buy 2 8gb sticks

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZzK8/gskill-ripjaws-v-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-16gvkc

theese are more expensive but 3600 is better than 3000.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

8 minutes ago, flashiling said:

that's the bigger version of the mobo i have.

i use gskill ripjaws with mine but since yours has 4 ram slots you can easily buy 2 8gb sticks

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jBZzK8/gskill-ripjaws-v-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3600-memory-f4-3600c16d-16gvkc

theese are more expensive but 3600 is better than 3000.

I was also looking at the 3200MHz version of those. The problem is that they are not in the QVL, so I have no idea if they would be working with 4 modules or not ( at least at the advertised speed). That particular set is almost twice as expensive as the Aegis set (112 vs 65) where I live (The Netherlands).

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

2 minutes ago, martward said:

I was also looking at the 3200MHz version of those. The problem is that they are not in the QVL, so I have no idea if they would be working with 4 modules or not ( at least at the advertised speed). That particular set is almost twice as expensive as the Aegis set (112 vs 65) where I live (The Netherlands).

i cant open the msi link you posted. but i refuse to belive that they wont work with the board (unless i choose some that are made specifically for intel but i don't think i did)

the g.skill neo have a specific amd version and they're rgb (automatically 2.5x clock boost because of colours) and 3600.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, flashiling said:

i cant open the msi link you posted. but i refuse to belive that they wont work with the board (unless i choose some that are made specifically for intel but i don't think i did)

the g.skill neo have a specific amd version and they're rgb (automatically 2.5x clock boost because of colours) and 3600.

The G.Skill Neo's are also almost twice as expensive as the Aegis set. 

If they're not in the QVL doesn't mean they won't work, just that there is no way to know for certain whether they will work at the advertised speed (if I understand correctly).

My System:

Spoiler