recommandation on future upgrades?

sr.ded

I have a i5 6500 and a 980 ti I haven't issues with it but looking at system requirements I'm seeing I'll be barely passing minimum requirements for future releases and apparently not even that for cyberpunk 2077 I'm wondering if I really have to upgrade rn if not when and to what currently I'm trying to run games at 1080 at a stable 75fps since that's the spec on my ultra wide monitor my goal is a budget upgrade that's as future proof as possible

ik it's obvious to see but I'm a total noob at pc specs this the first system I've had that I knew more about than that it ran windows

upgrading your CPU for coming titles seems to be a smart move, lots of cores appears to be in vogue for a few AAA titles. You could shoot for a used i7 6700 or 7700 off eBay, if you find one under $200, or you could upgrade your motherboard and go for a good Ryzen upgrade. what kind of budget did you have in mind?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I can stretch to about 300 maybe a little more if necessary it's important to me not to upgrade to something I'll a year max out of

19 minutes ago, sr.ded said:

I can stretch to about 300 maybe a little more if necessary it's important to me not to upgrade to something I'll a year max out of

id recommend a ryzen 3600 and a tomahawk b450. should come to about $300 USD. I'm not sure which current b450s come with updated bios out of the box, so if you live near a microcenter, fry's, etc, id suggest asking them if they can update the bios for you

1 minute ago, sr.ded said:

asus b150m-a

Totally check the link I've provided. After the mod, this board will run something like i5-9400f just fine, or an energy-efficient i7-8700T, as well as its engineering sample QN8J, which is only about $150.

I can't do that mod and I don't know anyone who is as tech savy as I am def not more

should I spring for an 8 core with "amd name for hyperthreading" since next gen consoles will be the same?

29 minutes ago, sr.ded said:

should I spring for an 8 core with "amd name for hyperthreading" since next gen consoles will be the same?

8 core would be more "future proof" than a 6 core, but nothings really future proof in modern hardware. going with a 2700 or 2700x would be close to the same price as getting a 3600, but the 3600 takes a slight advantage in gaming. If you plan to use the system for productivity as well, the 8 cores of the 2700/2700x would be an advantage