Budget Photoshop pc?

Hi everyone!

Im pretty good with coputers in general, but my friend asked me what pc should he buy for mainly photoshop. I never used photoshop, so im not exatly sure, what sould i recommend to him.
Can you guys please help me out with this? (I mainly need a cpu, memory speed, and gpu recommendation, i can figure out the rest)

Thanks in advance!

ps.: im not a native speaker, so sorry for bad grammar.

If he is mainly just doing Photoshop and nothing else, an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G APU or an AMD Ryzen 5 3400 G and 3000 MHz RAM should work fine. As for the GPU, either APU has an integrated Vega 11 GPU that should be suitable to your needs, and they're fairly affordable.

6 minutes ago, weeberkolos said:

Hi everyone!

Don't really need a powerful PC for photoshop

What budget/country?

Any gaming?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Can you tell me if does photoshop uses more single thread or more multi thread performance?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Don't really need a powerful PC for photoshop

What budget/country?

Any gaming?

I live in hungary, the budget is not that straight, maybe around 670$ (we have an ssd and hdd already) But i have to buy a monitor and keyboard/mice, so the cheaper the better :D

19 minutes ago, weeberkolos said:

Can you tell me if does photoshop uses more single thread or more multi thread performance?

17 minutes ago, weeberkolos said:

I live in hungary, the budget is not that straight, maybe around 670$ (we have an ssd and hdd already)

I did use it for college once, and I found that it's a little more single threaded. However, you don't need a very fast CPU nor do you need a very fast GPU, hence why I suggested a Ryzen APU.

In the United States, the 2400G costs around $120 new while a 3400G costs around $145 new. A microATX B450 AM4 motherboard costs around $85, and 2x 8 GB (16 GB) of DDR4 3000 MHz costs around $65. This is a total of $270 if you get a Ryzen 5 2400G. I imagine prices will be different where you live, but even so, it should still be quite affordable.

55 minutes ago, weeberkolos said:

Some things are multi-threaded, but any modern CPU will be fine in photoshop, even like an i7 2600K

Probably want something like that, going to want a board that has VRM heatsinks on both VRMs.

If you need an actual GPU for gaming, find a cheap used R5 1400/R51600 and an RX 470/480/570/580

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/YthdBb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€83.80 @ Alza)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€77.80 @ Alza)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€66.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €228.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-31 11:19 CET+0100

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?