LVDS Controller Board Suggestion?

theonlyratatoskr

Hey all,

I just salvaged the panels off of two old laptops for a DIY project and would like some input - How do I drive these?

Panels:

- N116BGE-L41

B116XW03 V0

They're both 1366×768 (secondary screen for audio plugin monitoring), I want to input HDMI into them and I'd ideally like to have them powered via USB from a computer. That last one is not 100% necessary though.

Would this work?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-DVI-VGA-LCD-Controller-Board-Monitor-Kit-adapter-for-1366X768-N116BGE-L41/202766169709?hash=item2f35ce366d:g:UncAAOSwlxlc3ljH 

I'd appreciate any help and suggestions! :)

Thanks!!

Generally searching the panel number + controller board will provide you with some results. Your mileage may vary and not every panel has a HDMI/DVI/VGA controller board available. Verify the monitor matches the resolution of the controller board as additional verification.

That board you linked to should work but if it doesn't they're always pretty cheap and you won't be out much.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor