Iphone 6 acting up, Apple's doing?

c00face
Go to solution Solved by ZXR,

Sounds like a case of Touch IC to me, you will need to get this repaired. This isn't part of an update released by apple, it is a fault that was present in the device from the start but takes some time to show up. 

I hardly ever use this phone. This phone is used just for security purposes like using the Google Authentication APP. Other than that, there's no service on this phone, I leave it at the house most of the time, and I'll use it sometimes when I'm on the bed for Youtube here and then.

I replaced the screen about a year and half ago for $200 at a repair shop that is associate with apple (they have apple verified products,) but for the past several weeks now the phone screen touch screen refuse to work on the left side corner where you have the "back button." Just recently, now, the top side of the left corner isn't working. I went ahead and used the camera, and even that is showing black flicking in the background. It just doesn't make any sense to me why this phone would not be working if I ever hardly use it to begin with. Giving Apple reputation to do these kind of thing with their "updates" on the low, can this really be Apple's doing? I just really see no reason for this phone to not work at all. It's kept in such good condition even with the screen replaced.

A little suspicious here.

Sounds like a case of Touch IC to me, you will need to get this repaired. This isn't part of an update released by apple, it is a fault that was present in the device from the start but takes some time to show up. 

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

8 minutes ago, c00face said:

I hardly ever use this phone. This phone is used just for security purposes like using the Google Authentication APP. Other than that, there's no service on this phone, I leave it at the house most of the time, and I'll use it sometimes when I'm on the bed for Youtube here and then.

I replaced the screen about a year and half ago for $200 at a repair shop that is associate with apple (they have apple verified products,) but for the past several weeks now the phone screen touch screen refuse to work on the left side corner where you have the "back button." Just recently, now, the top side of the left corner isn't working. I went ahead and used the camera, and even that is showing black flicking in the background. It just doesn't make any sense to me why this phone would not be working if I ever hardly use it to begin with. Giving Apple reputation to do these kind of thing with their "updates" on the low, can this really be Apple's doing? I just really see no reason for this phone to not work at all. It's kept in such good condition even with the screen replaced.

A little suspicious here.

It's an old phone, maybe stuff is just messedup in the internals

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

8 minutes ago, Zeddex said:

This sounds like the problem. You know how much it'll cost to repair this "touch IC disease"? Reason I suspect this is the problem is because I do sometimes fall asleep and end up sleeping on top of the phone occasionally after watching Youtube on my bed.