a few questions about initials

Ah2004

1. what is an initial?

2. what is the difference between a initial and a signature?

3. what is a logo?

4. can i use the first two letters of my first name as my initial?

oh and..

5. is this the absolute worst place to ask these stupid questions?

(i am 15 btw)

1. Initials are the letters of your first and last name (sometimes your middle name). Mine are K(J)H.

2. Signature is your whole name and has more "power" legally afaik.

3. Depends on the context, but generally something that represents you or your company/brand.

4. I guess, but it's generally the first letter of your first and last name (as I said already, sometimes your middle name).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

1. Initials are the letters of your first and last name (sometimes your middle name). Mine are K(J)H.

2. Signature is your whole name and has more "power" legally afaik.

3. Depends on the context, but generally something that represents you or your company/brand.

4. I guess, but it's generally the first letter of your first and last name (as I said already, sometimes your middle name).

wow okay thx i did not have to google because fellow smart friends at ltt are awesome. seriously this is one of the best forum websites :) thx for the help.

2 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

1. what is an initial?

The first letter of a name. 

So, if your name is "John Henry Smith," your first initial would be 'J', your Middle initial 'H', and your last 'S.'  Typically, when asked to initial something people write their first and last initial, so in our example "J.S."

5 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

An initial is shorter and typically used for more "minor" things.  Your signature is typically your name written all fancy-like, and is used on legal documents to confirm that it was in fact you who signed.

Examples of signatures:

Spoiler

image.png.9008ac9eac1759b4305c75bd9250292a.png

image.png.6d096201d3dc665303e7edaa01b79bdd.png

7 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

3. what is a logo?

A logo is an image used by a person, business, or brand to represent them.  They are usually very stylized,

Examples of logos:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c6bf7cb92067aa6521df9b24748d6557.png

image.png.653b250ae67a921a6a546094ee2a83b6.png

12 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

I wouldn't if I were you, I would use the first letter of my first and the first letter of my last.

14 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

(i am 15 btw)

No, not the worst, but I would try google first, then maybe stack exchange or reddit (r/noStupidQuestions or r/ELI5) for questions like this one.   Whatever you do don't ask 4chan.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

2 minutes ago, FezBoy said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61aimageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a

The first letter of a name. 

So, if your name is "John Henry Smith," your first initial would be 'J', your Middle initial 'H', and your last 'S.'  Typically, when asked to initial something people write their first and last initial, so in our example "J.S."

An initial is shorter and typically used for more "minor" things.  Your signature is typically your name written all fancy-like, and is used on legal documents to confirm that it was in fact you who signed.

Examples of signatures:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9008ac9eac1759b4305c75bd9250292a.png

image.png.6d096201d3dc665303e7edaa01b79bdd.png

A logo is an image used by a person, business, or brand to represent them.  They are usually very stylized,

Examples of logos:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.c6bf7cb92067aa6521df9b24748d6557.png

image.png.653b250ae67a921a6a546094ee2a83b6.png

I wouldn't if I were you, I would use the first letter of my first and the first letter of my last.

No, not the worst, but I would try google first, then maybe stack exchange or reddit (r/noStupidQuestions or r/ELI5) for questions like this one.   Whatever you do don't ask 4chan.

thx quick question what if i am trying to just use my initial as my logo can i use the first two letters of my first name then?

okay ill be honest 

MY Name: AHMED

My logo: PROFILE PIC

stupid idea or is it okay?

Just now, Ah2004 said:

thx quick question what if i am trying to just use my initial as my logo can i use the first two letters of my first name then?

okay ill be honest 

MY Name: AHMED

My logo: PROFILE PIC

stupid idea or is it okay?

Ohhhhh, that's fine then.  What you put into your logo is wholly up to you.  It is a creative decision and just comes down to how you want to market your brand.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

2 minutes ago, FezBoy said:

Ohhhhh, that's fine then.  What you put into your logo is wholly up to you.  It is a creative decision and just comes down to how you want to market your brand.

another mini question:

whats your opinion on my logo?

25 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Signature is your whole name and has more "power" legally afaik.

No....

A signature is a pattern that you can replicate off of memory easily most other people can't. My dad's signature is little more than a literal scribble.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:33 AM, Ah2004 said:

1. what is an initial?

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/initial

Initials are the capital letters which begin each word of a name. For example, if your full name is Michael Dennis Stocks, your initials will be M.D.S.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/signature

Your signature is your name, written in your own characteristic way, often at the end of a document to indicate that you wrote the document or that you agree with what it says.

3. what is a logo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo

A logo is a graphic mark, emblem, or symbol used to aid and promote public identification and recognition. It may be of an abstract or figurative design or include the text of the name it represents as in a wordmark.

No, because then it's not an initial. Initial is only the first one in each name.

You can use your first two letters of your name for other stuff like logos or signatures, but it would be incorrect to say it was your initials.

You will get faster and better answers if you use Google. Doing the research yourself also has the added benefits of:

1) Improving your Googling skills. You will need them in higher education where you won't have someone to spoon-feed you info.

2) You don't take up anyone else's time. By writing your question here, you're saying that you don't want to spend any time looking things up, but you want other people to do it for you. It's essentially like saying your own time is worth more than other peoples' time, and it's quite disrespectful in my eyes.

13 hours ago, LAwLz said:

No, because then it's not an initial. Initial is only the first one in each name.

You can use your first two letters of your name for other stuff like logos or signatures, but it would be incorrect to say it was your initials.

You will get faster and better answers if you use Google. Doing the research yourself also has the added benefits of:

1) Improving your Googling skills. You will need them in higher education where you won't have someone to spoon-feed you info.

2) You don't take up anyone else's time. By writing your question here, you're saying that you don't want to spend any time looking things up, but you want other people to do it for you. It's essentially like saying your own time is worth more than other peoples' time, and it's quite disrespectful in my eyes.

oh i really did not mean to post in this way lol np next time ill google first :)