Case Recommendations

ChaoticFury09

Good morning everyone,

I have recently been thinking about moving to a new case but hoping for some input. The computer is current inside a Meshify C with 2x 140mm Noctua NF-A14 fans as intake, and a NF-F12 as exhaust. Temperatures while gaming are decent but have room for improvement. 50-60's for the CPU and 65-75 for the GPU. Due to the clearance at the front I was debating if moving to a slightly longer or larger case would improve cooling at all. There is approximately 1 inch between the GPU and the front fan.

Hoping for some help from the experts. It might be a waste to move to another case but hoping someone can help me determine that. Also open to ideas on how to improve thermals, especially for the GPU. Open to recommendations for cases that might improve things.

On a side note I guess I could also do 3x 120mm in the front instead.

Current Build:

I7 8700K

NH-D15

Asus Z370-E Motherboard

Asus Strix 1080 (triple fan)

NZXT H510(i)
NZXT H510 Elite
NZXT H700(i)
Be Quiet! Pure Base 600
CoolerMaster MasterBox Q300P
CoolerMaster MaserCase H500M
Corsair Obsidian 500D

19 minutes ago, ChaoticFury09 said:

Those temps are really decent, even normal I would say. The Meshify C is also one of the best case for airflow, so for me there is no point of changing the case.

A bigger case won't change anything too ;) 

better airflow than a meshify c?

perhaps a h500 mesh from cooler master, none of the previous ones mentioned have better airflow than that one

look at this review of it

personally i would keep the meshify c, in fact i wouldn't change anything on your build, pretty much you have some of the best parts in terms of temperature and airflow possible

Your current case and temps are really good. Nothing out of the ordinary. But if you were to look at other cases I would look at the Phanteks P400A or the P600. Both have really good airflow and nice quality. I personally love my P400S which has the restricted airflow on the front. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

40 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

Your current case and temps are really good. Nothing out of the ordinary. But if you were to look at other cases I would look at the Phanteks P400A or the P600. Both have really good airflow and nice quality. I personally love my P400S which has the restricted airflow on the front. 

I can confirm that the P600S is awesome :) 

Thanks for the help everyone. If the temperatures are nothing to be concerned about I will just stick with what I have and look into upgrading in the future when a case comes out that either offers much better airflow or some feature I don't already have.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:04 AM, ChaoticFury09 said:

Thanks for the help everyone. If the temperatures are nothing to be concerned about I will just stick with what I have and look into upgrading in the future when a case comes out that either offers much better airflow or some feature I don't already have.

you say that like what you have now is bad, you have to take into consideration what a good airflow and good temperature is, if you don' have a point of comparison, you can use a review, see what others build and what results they get, if you don't know what a overheating cpu with bad airflow is, you will always be on the look for something better, so i recomend you watching some itx reviews, to have a point of reference, what a hot working case looks like and how much the pc can take before having problems, both in noise and temperatures