Which pair of headphones

Swegly

Which is better, the Sony WH-XB900N or the JBL 650BTNC? Thanks for any help!

ps. will be using with an 11 pro max

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Both are shit but JBL is better out of those imo. Both have the same problem of having too much bass

1 minute ago, Janne said:

Both are shit but JBL is better out of those imo. Both have the same problem of having too much bass

ok, so for the same price point what would you recommend? ($200-$250)

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

1 minute ago, Swegly said:

ok, so for the same price point what would you recommend? ($200-$250)

JBL definitely

Just now, Janne said:

JBL definitely

I heard that the Sonys have better noise cancelling and a better EQ app. They also have a usb type c charger which i prefer. So with that said, you think the JBLs just sound better in general?

Just now, Swegly said:

I heard that the Sonys have better noise cancelling and a better EQ app. They also have a usb type c charger which i prefer. So with that said, you think the JBLs just sound better in general?

I'm not one to ask about software or anything like that, the thing i appreciate/pay attention to is sound quality. For example EQ app is useless for me, i have an EQ on all my machines already so they are useless. 

I'm only saying that the JBL cans have better sound. Decide for yourself

1 minute ago, Janne said:

I'm not one to ask about software or anything like that, the thing i appreciate/pay attention to is sound quality. For example EQ app is useless for me, i have an EQ on all my machines already so they are useless. 

I'm only saying that the JBL cans have better sound. Decide for yourself

Do you have any other recommendation for around the same price?

Just now, Swegly said:

Do you have any other recommendation for around the same price?

What restraints do you have? Seems like you want wireless and noise cancelling

Just now, Janne said:

What restraints do you have? Seems like you want wireless and noise cancelling

yep those are my only requirements. I know some headphones work better with IOS also, so thats something to consider

5 minutes ago, Swegly said:

yep those are my only requirements. I know some headphones work better with IOS also, so thats something to consider

bassy:
AKG N60NC 
JBL Everest ELITE 700

more neutral:
ATH DSR7BT (no active noise cancellation)
Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC/HD4.40, 4.40 are the same but without noise cancellation

And my opinion about noise cancellation is also that it's useless, but i guess some people like it. Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC i recommend the most

2 minutes ago, Janne said:

bassy:
AKG N60NC 
JBL Everest ELITE 700

more neutral:
ATH DSR7BT (no active noise cancellation)
Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC/HD4.40, 4.40 are the same but without noise cancellation

And my opinion about noise cancellation is also that it's useless, but i guess some people like it

Thank you I will look into those. What do you think about the beats studio3, they arent NC but theres a good deal on them for $165 at best buy

1 minute ago, Swegly said:

Thank you I will look into those. What do you think about the beats studio3, they arent NC but theres a good deal on them for $165 at best buy

I don't know anything about them. Last time i checked out any Beats headphones they were absolutely appalling. Garbage sound&build quality for premium price. But maybe they are better these days, i don't know

Just now, Janne said:

I don't know anything about them. Last time i checked out any Beats headphones they were absolutely appalling. Garbage sound&build quality for premium price. But maybe they are better these days, i don't know

Alright, thank you for your help :)

3 hours ago, Janne said:

They have gotten better especially the budget solo series the higher end dj stuff is still garbage but the cheaper solos are pretty good just not a lot of audiophiles want to admit it. They are pretty inoffensive honestly especially the ones that go for a $100. 

16 hours ago, rice guru said:

They have gotten better especially the budget solo series the higher end dj stuff is still garbage but the cheaper solos are pretty good just not a lot of audiophiles want to admit it. They are pretty inoffensive honestly especially the ones that go for a $100. 

People paid more dough for the Philips SHP9500 and they’re wayyyyy worse than Beats Solo headphones. Audiophiles are irrational beings. 

30 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

People paid more dough for the Philips SHP9500 and they’re wayyyyy worse than Beats Solo headphones. Audiophiles are irrational beings. 

Not waay worse they retain more detail they just lack anything enjoyable for me

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

Yeah you get more detail but music sounds so awful. So what’s the point?

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

46 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Yeah you get more detail but music sounds so awful. So what’s the point?

On 10/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, Janne said:

To all of you, I ended up getting the Beats Solo 3s. Im not an audiophile but I have sennheiser 598s for my PC, so I know what good sound can be. For me the solo3s sound very good and they seem pretty well built. While I like overear headphones better, I decided I wanted a small/compact design for outside. And I got them for a good price at best buy.