The gpu fan noise !!!

Go to solution Solved by Nord,

There is nothing you can or rather should do anymore to fix it yourself apart of opening the device and just re-plugging the fan yourself.
However be aware that depending on your country & it’s laws this could void your warranty or at least open you up to additional “non-believe” if you end up sending the device in again.

Anyway, unless it's a known problem with the device (which you would easily find via google than) and as you ruled out the software you are most likely looking at hardware problems such as:
Defective fan header/cable.
Defective fan.
Defective power delivery from the motherboard.
“Bricked” BIOS in the sense that it just f*s the fan settings.
Which technically can be addressed by yourself but simply should not for as long as you got warranty as finding, paying and installing these parts is usually neither cheap nor easy.

Hi guys!

Recently i have bought an asus ROG STRIX HERO EDITION GL503GE and i am facing serious issue with the laptop.The problem is with the gpu fan. The gpu fan starts spinning when i turn on the laptop and never stop spinning at maximum speeds.The fan keeps spinning at 7000rpm all the time even when the laptop is idle.Laptop sounds like a jet engine ,its very loud.

I cant take my laptop to college or to the library because of the noise.I have  installed the updated BIOS as well but it didn't work.Can anyone please help me solve the issue? Thanks in advance!!

Hey!

The only thing that i found was fn+f5 fn is in lower left corner and f5 on top of The keyboard that shloud deactivate The fast fan Speed. If your model has any rog software you shloud try changing it there too. If nothing Works it is most likely The fan connector. It Gets a Bad reading and boosts The fans. You need to remove The Back cover and unblug blug Back in. I really recomend to just contact Asus directly If nothing Works.

7 hours ago, Jorma04 said:

Hey!

The only thing that i found was fn+f5 fn is in lower left corner and f5 on top of The keyboard that shloud deactivate The fast fan Speed. If your model has any rog software you shloud try changing it there too. If nothing Works it is most likely The fan connector. It Gets a Bad reading and boosts The fans. You need to remove The Back cover and unblug blug Back in. I really recomend to just contact Asus directly If nothing Works.

Hey dude thanks for looking into my problem.Trust me i have tried everything the rog softwate does not have any control over the fans i feel like its useless and i have given it to the service center as well they just reinstalled the BIOS and after i got it back it worked fine only for a week or more.Now its happening again.The function keys doesnot have control over the fans and the rog software also. This is really frustrating....

Just now, Suryasai said:

Hey dude thanks for looking into my problem.Trust me i have tried everything the rog softwate does not have any control over the fans i feel like its useless and i have given it to the service center as well they just reinstalled the BIOS and after i got it back it worked fine only for a week or more.Now its happening again.The function keys doesnot have control over the fans and the rog software also. This is really frustrating....

And they said they removed and reconnected the fan connections .But still?..

There is nothing you can or rather should do anymore to fix it yourself apart of opening the device and just re-plugging the fan yourself.
However be aware that depending on your country & it’s laws this could void your warranty or at least open you up to additional “non-believe” if you end up sending the device in again.

Anyway, unless it's a known problem with the device (which you would easily find via google than) and as you ruled out the software you are most likely looking at hardware problems such as:
Defective fan.
Which technically can be addressed by yourself but simply should not for as long as you got warranty as finding, paying and installing these parts is usually neither cheap nor easy.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

2 hours ago, Nord said:

Defective fan.

@NordDude i dont have any experience opening a laptop .i legit dont know anything about internals of the laptop...

• 6 months later...
On 10/26/2019 at 1:32 AM, Suryasai said:

Hi guys!

Recently i have bought an asus ROG STRIX HERO EDITION GL503GE and i am facing serious issue with the laptop.The problem is with the gpu fan. The gpu fan starts spinning when i turn on the laptop and never stop spinning at maximum speeds.The fan keeps spinning at 7000rpm all the time even when the laptop is idle.Laptop sounds like a jet engine ,its very loud.

I cant take my laptop to college or to the library because of the noise.I have  installed the updated BIOS as well but it didn't work.Can anyone please help me solve the issue? Thanks in advance!!

hi, i am experiencing same problem with my unit, have you found solution yet?